View Full Version : Seafoam and Race Gas

RikkiTorment
06-10-2010, 12:33 AM
Hey guys, I've been having a bit of "engine run-on" in my 00 Z28 with 68k miles. I'm trying to debunk why my car is doing it, so I am going small steps before drastic steps. And I was wondering if it is a bad idea to Seafoam my car(minus putting it in the oil), and then put 100 Octane in it that same day?

-Edit: Or even Seafoaming at all for that matter?

180ls1
06-10-2010, 01:20 AM
uh running 100 octane wont help i dont imagine, if there are no codes i would suggest running fuel injector cleaner and making sure your fuel filter has been replaced. If you do seafoam the car i would suggest also replacing the plugs, wires and o2 sensors that is good general maintenance anyways.

justin455
06-10-2010, 01:32 AM
uh running 100 octane wont help i dont imagine, if there are no codes i would suggest running fuel injector cleaner and making sure your fuel filter has been replaced. If you do seafoam the car i would suggest also replacing the plugs, wires and o2 sensors that is good general maintenance anyways.

/thread...this should be in general maintenance anyway

orangeapeel
06-10-2010, 01:47 AM
Seafoam wont harm anything. Just pull off the vaccuum hose from the brake booster and dump half a can in while running. Shut it off on the last big gulp. Take the deep creep spray and blast all inside the intake/tb as deep as you can get it. Full tank of gas = ~half can~ (Depending on how many gallons). Other half in the oil. More it smokes after about an hour or so of sitting the more it is burning off.

replacing O2's is not "general maintenance". If they arent messing up don't mess with them. Seafoam in no way/shape/form will harm the O2 sensors.

X-ray
06-10-2010, 01:47 AM
What's the 100 octane for? If you don't need that octane, there is no point in using it as that is just an anti-detonation rating and does not burn any cleaner.

orangeapeel
06-10-2010, 01:59 AM
When someone says "race gas" I generally think "leaded fuel".

RikkiTorment
06-10-2010, 02:03 AM
My friend is set on thinking that I have a vacuum leak, so I am going to have at it with a propane canister.