Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

Trans Am having problems helpppp!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2010, 06:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Trans Am having problems helpppp!!!!!!!

i have a 1994 Trans Am GT that i recently purchased about 3 weeks ago. and well i was driving the other day and it made a loud poping noise and started to die and the clutch went limp and it wouldnt go. i pulled into a driveway and tried to get it started but the starter dragged and wouldnt turn it over.. even tho the radio and lights still worked. (the battery was too small though). so my dad towed it home. he put his battery in it out of his SRT10 truck and the starter was fried so we're going to replace it.. but what would have made the car just die? i thought my engine blew up but i dont know whats going on.. any opinions?
Old 06-11-2010, 06:43 AM
TECH Addict

Received 203 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by Nscag7
i have a 1994 Trans Am GT that i recently purchased about 3 weeks ago. and well i was driving the other day and it made a loud poping noise and started to die and the clutch went limp and it wouldnt go. i pulled into a driveway and tried to get it started but the starter dragged and wouldnt turn it over.. even tho the radio and lights still worked. (the battery was too small though). so my dad towed it home. he put his battery in it out of his SRT10 truck and the starter was fried so we're going to replace it.. but what would have made the car just die? i thought my engine blew up but i dont know whats going on.. any opinions?
Clutch went limp? Sounds like a severe failure of the clutch or flywheel. Might explain your starter problems.
Old 06-12-2010, 12:48 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

try turning the engine manually before u try starting the engine with the starter and damage it more than what it is...