Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

re-filling m/c after drill mod

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2010, 06:55 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default re-filling m/c after drill mod

hey guys just completed the drill mod and re-installed the m/c.

i did the bench flush but i did not re-fill the m/c before the re-instal. I assumed that once i re-installed the m/c i could re-fill the system and use the mityvac to bleed the system. however to my suprise (noob to clutch systems) i could fill the reservoir but the fluid would not go back into into the m/c... even when i pumped the clutch.

so my question is, is this occuring because of air in the system? can i remedy this with the m/c installed, and if so, how? (disconnect from tranny/hold valve in/pump clutch??

thanks for any info.
Old 06-10-2010, 07:44 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

actually i think that was a pretty dumb question. won't the mity vac actually pul all the air out even if i didn't refill the m/c.
Old 06-10-2010, 09:07 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

When I installed a new master cylinder, I installed it dry, and had a hell of a time bleeding the air out of the system. When installed, the master sits at a downward angle, and I think that makes it that much more difficult to get air out of the system. I ended up just pulling it back out and bench bleeding it. After that, it bled and held pressure just fine.