Customer Car: 2010 Chevy Camaro - Lexani Wheels

Old 06-11-2010, 02:40 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Customer Car: 2010 Chevy Camaro - Lexani Wheels

This is a little quick update for a prior customer's Procharged 5th Gen Camaro. Details on the build can be found here. Sam is one of those guys that loves performance (427 build in the works) but appreciates looking good just as much... wheels are a logical choice to replace the heavy factory wagon-esque rollers. He approached me with the Lexani LX-15 as his choice, and after some phone calls and some string-pulling we had this set ordered. You won't see this finish combo on their site, it is a custom one off, with gloss black spoke inners and matte-black lips. Truly unique and it compliments the other features of the car nicely.

I will let the pictures speak for themselves:

The wheel...

Car on the lift, removing the stockers...

Just a quick check... yup, intercooler is still there ^_^...

Wheel mounted on the front. The offset is crucial on these to clear the brakes...

Action shot: John cleaning the crud from the tire-mold off and putting a little tire shine on...

Offset looks great, front and rear...

And the final product. Simply amazing...

I'm very pleased with how this car turned out, the wheels really compliment all the stripes and badging on the car. Now it's time for the 427 and some real boost
Old 06-11-2010, 02:43 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes, the black rims really look a lot better on the IOM cars then the silver.I am getting the Foose Black rims w/ a polished lip for mine soon.
Old 06-11-2010, 02:51 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by blk/slvr02ss
Yes, the black rims really look a lot better on the IOM cars then the silver.I am getting the Foose Black rims w/ a polished lip for mine soon.

I completely agree with that, it sets off the stripes really well.
Old 06-16-2010, 02:14 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Nick_NationalSpeed
I completely agree with that, it sets off the stripes really well.
Nick, what size tires and rim b.s. did you guys use? The car has a sweet stance and we would like to do some thing like that but with torque thrusts on the 454 car we are doing. Thanks.
Old 06-16-2010, 02:44 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by doubtme
Nick, what size tires and rim b.s. did you guys use? The car has a sweet stance and we would like to do some thing like that but with torque thrusts on the 454 car we are doing. Thanks.
I'm confused, are you with a shop? I only ask because you said "we". The wheel specs were recommended by Lexani. This wheel package was more designed for a good stance though, the rear tires are still the factory size... for a 454 build I would probably recommend something a bit wider and more aggressive.
Old 06-16-2010, 03:43 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

car looks awesome. Nice work.
Old 06-16-2010, 04:04 PM
Teching In

Yes, I'm co-owner of Nitrous Pig Racing, we just transplanted a x-block, ls7 head 454 in a 2010(the build up is in this section). The owner is old school and wants torque thrusts on it. I want to go to 255-45 on the front and 315-35 rear NT05's and +32 b.s. front and +38 b.s. rear. Just don't want to order and be stuck with them.
Old 06-18-2010, 10:30 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I really want to see a set of TT'2's on these cars. I think they might look real good!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Customer Car: 2010 Chevy Camaro - Lexani Wheels