View Full Version : anyone else got an slp installed?

Model16
06-15-2010, 11:37 PM
I just bought one ha..i remember seeing a vid of a monte ss with one and loved the sound..magnaflow sounds nice but is too quiet..from my experience flowmasters always never really caught my eye so I got the slp..cheaper sounds good and is louder..im just wondering if anyones got one installed and if they happen to have any videos of it...i already got a hogan downpipe to pmpliment it - next is a hiflo cat and intake ha..im in predeployment training now so I can't even see my monte til my leave on late august ha but anyways if anyones got any vids or any words on the slp lemme know thanks!

williamGT
06-16-2010, 12:14 AM
Heres a GXP with the SLP exhaust.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUpmDyve8qU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Efj0ppad-0A

Nick_Nasty's_GXP
06-16-2010, 05:01 PM
Kinda sounds like stock to me, maybe a tad throatier.

07carlocrusader
06-16-2010, 09:41 PM
I have it on mine, but I do not have mufflers!! And the SLP cat back exback WILL fit with NO PROBLEMS. It comes with a extra "hanger adapter" that bolts up to the frame no drilling and thats it, so everything's just purely bolt on!! ;)... I think I would pick these anyday over the quiet resy-equipped magnaflow exhaust system....

DavidGXP
06-16-2010, 10:00 PM
Pre Deployment.. nice! I've got a little brother in the USMC stationed at Camp Pendleton, doing logistics for the USAF right now. He was loading ships. I'm in the Aren't ready MARINES yet branch (ARMY) lol.
Best of luck to you and your comrades!:smokin2:

Not a lot of LS4 owners have gone with this kit so I'm interested to hear how you like it. I have heard that makes gobs of torque, so be prepared!

SSCoop
06-17-2010, 12:55 PM
carlocrusader whats the item number and etc for your exhaust because im going to go with that and add a 3 inch down pipe and of course delete the mufflers and resonator

TheMonteMan
06-17-2010, 07:00 PM
dude is it just me or are you forever messing with that exhaust on your car. ^^^

stlsillest
06-17-2010, 07:09 PM
im working on a b/s exhaust system...now i currently have 2 flowmaster 44's, with res delete...im tired of hearing the same exhaust around town.....im goin to cut those flows out and get a slp loudmouth 2 welded it where the old res use to be

94ss06gxp
06-18-2010, 09:25 AM
im working on a b/s exhaust system...now i currently have 2 flowmaster 44's, with res delete...im tired of hearing the same exhaust around town.....im goin to cut those flows out and get a slp loudmouth 2 welded it where the old res use to be

should sound really good

stlsillest
06-18-2010, 11:42 AM
should sound really good

i hope so, ill get them on as soon as i get sme free time and post a vid....

Count of Monte Carlo
06-19-2010, 08:43 AM
I have it on mine, but I do not have mufflers!! And the SLP cat back exback WILL fit with NO PROBLEMS. It comes with a extra "hanger adapter" that bolts up to the frame no drilling and thats it, so everything's just purely bolt on!! ;)... I think I would pick these anyday over the quiet resy-equipped magnaflow exhaust system....

Very impressed with your setup.

SSCoop
06-20-2010, 02:01 PM
monte man i am forever messing with it. i just hate the backfire from the straightpipe, plus i always loved slp loudmouth exhausts. they sound mean as hell

Nacho SS
06-20-2010, 03:46 PM
monte man i am forever messing with it. i just hate the backfire from the straightpipe, plus i always loved slp loudmouth exhausts. they sound mean as hell

SLP LM exhausts are usually straight pipe with small resnoators :confused:

SSCoop
06-21-2010, 10:14 AM
gotta love slp loudmouth

TheMonteMan
06-21-2010, 12:26 PM
SLP LM exhausts are usually straight pipe with small resnoators :confused:
my thoughts exactly. if anything buy an slp loudmouth resonator in your diameter and it should sound very similar.
http://www.slponline.com/view_product.asp?P=310013919&BIG=310013919-1

chevySS08
06-21-2010, 05:09 PM
so hold up the cat-back exhaust for the 2000-2008 monte/ss will fit the 2008 impala ss with just mounting an extra hanger, everything else just bolts right up?

Model16
06-22-2010, 01:57 PM

there you go..lol

my exhaust arrived last week..my step dad and grandpa put it on for me in our "shop"..said it went on no problem..can't really say much else cause im like 3000 miles away from my car lol..but i got alot of pics and it looks great

stlsillest
06-22-2010, 05:52 PM
ok guys, no more flow 44's. SLP it is! got the lodmouth 2 resonator installed yesterday morning. i have no muffles and the resonator went in right behind the cat! First start up.....very low rumble...instead of the flowmaster high pitch gargle. rev: deep,loud, with some rasp which sounds good to me. i would NEVER go with flowmaster again! the differernce between the lm1 and the lm2 is that the lm2 has material packed inside and the lm1 is straight through with nothing inside. Both resonators are straight through design. i love it! still have to break it in...

Nick_Nasty's_GXP
06-22-2010, 05:57 PM
I was thinking bout deleting the res on my magnaflow exhaust, but I was wondering (for those who have the res delete), does it sound like :turd: or does it sound decent??

stlsillest
06-22-2010, 06:02 PM
I was thinking bout deleting the res on my magnaflow exhaust, but I was wondering (for those who have the res delete), does it sound like :turd: or does it sound decent??

i personally wouldnt do it. its not worth the time or money.

Nick_Nasty's_GXP
06-22-2010, 06:12 PM
i personally wouldnt do it. its not worth the time or money.

Would it be too raspy or something??

stlsillest
06-22-2010, 06:20 PM
Would it be too raspy or something??

depends on what you like...but with my experience with magnaflow a res delete in a catback, your not making it louder, your just begging for a raspy sound,some say more drone. with a magnaflow catback and headers or a catless dp with the res would probaly be the best step.

Nick_Nasty's_GXP
06-22-2010, 06:25 PM
depends on what you like...but with my experience with magnaflow a res delete in a catback, your not making it louder, your just begging for a raspy sound,some say more drone. with a magnaflow catback and headers or a catless dp with the res would probaly be the best step.

Yeah...what I really want is a catless DP but I need a cat to pass emission testing for inspections. I could always swap them out before inspections, but it'd be too much of a PITA for me LOL.

SSCoop
06-22-2010, 06:55 PM
yeah with the resonators off, it will be raspy as f*&K!!!!! but me personally, i love my car loud and obnoxious (sorry for all guys that like their rides quiet). my neighbors love it though.

Nacho SS
06-22-2010, 07:49 PM

I just heard Dom's (1CL3AN) set up with the DT headers and the Magnaflow catback. Its almost silent at idle. Quieter than stock.

Catless DP + no res + your choice of mufflers is the ideal setup. The resonator isn't the cure of rasp in the system. It just mellows the tone. The rasp is from our retarded exhaust setup. Stupid manifolds into a half-assed downpipe with an uneven y pipe....great.

Yes its can be loud depending on your choice of mufflers.

monte_with_a_LS4
06-22-2010, 09:40 PM
I just heard Dom's (1CL3AN) set up with the DT headers and the Magnaflow catback. Its almost silent at idle. Quieter than stock.

Catless DP + no res + your choice of mufflers is the ideal setup. The resonator isn't the cure of rasp in the system. It just mellows the tone. The rasp is from our retarded exhaust setup. Stupid manifolds into a half-assed downpipe with an uneven y pipe....great.

Yes its can be loud depending on your choice of mufflers.

i have catless DP + no res + super 44s and i think it sounds pretty decent. my change in my cup holder is always rattling at idle.

1CL3ANSUP3RSPORT
06-22-2010, 09:46 PM
Heres a GXP with the SLP exhaust.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUpmDyve8qU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Efj0ppad-0A

Hey I have those rims,Damn they look good on a GXP...

I have no res,with CAI,headers & magnaflows...I love the sound of my ride,I was told it was pretty "QUIET"...

07carlocrusader
06-22-2010, 10:53 PM
carlocrusader whats the item number and etc for your exhaust because im going to go with that and add a 3 inch down pipe and of course delete the mufflers and resonator

Part Number: SLE-31028M sorry for the delay guys!