Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

headers..

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2010, 08:08 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default headers..

can i use the slp off road y pipe with long tube headers? will they bolt right up or will there possibly some modifaction needed? thanks..
Old 06-16-2010, 08:46 PM
10 Second Club

I don't see why not. It is all slip fit tubing correct?
Old 06-17-2010, 02:54 AM
Launching!

yes i belive so i didnt know of the angles of the piping is different causr im not going to be running cats either
Old 06-17-2010, 03:40 AM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Well technically as far as exhaust goes, everything needs a little "convincing". Some people say that their stuff fit perfectly, that is sorta bs in my book. Depending on who made the headers it may work. I can tell you right now that FLP will not hook straight up. I meant to say FLP not SLP incase someone thought it was a typo. Looks like you need a cam though!
Old 06-17-2010, 03:46 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by orangeapeel
Well technically as far as exhaust goes, everything needs a little "convincing". Some people say that their stuff fit perfectly, that is sorta bs in my book. Depending on who made the headers it may work. I can tell you right now that FLP will not hook straight up. I meant to say FLP not SLP incase someone thought it was a typo. Looks like you need a cam though!
Agreed, when I set my exhaust system up with all the band clamps and such I had leaks everywhere. Installing the headers are not a problem at all it's the rest that kicked my ***. I ended up taking the car to an exhaust shop and having them weld flanges every place there was a band clamp. NO MORE LEAKS!!!
Old 06-17-2010, 03:51 AM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Flanges are so awesome. I dont know why so many people knock them. Get the right gaskets and it will never leak. Makes taking stuff back out when it comes time for a new clutch/tranny/whatever a snap. Slip fit still has to be able to "slip" in to place. Sometimes you dont have that extra room. Never too late to have flanges put on those slip collectors and y pipe.
Old 06-18-2010, 12:49 AM
Launching!

cool guys yeah a cam is my next step i getting
Old 06-18-2010, 03:37 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by orangeapeel
Flanges are so awesome. I dont know why so many people knock them. Get the right gaskets and it will never leak. Makes taking stuff back out when it comes time for a new clutch/tranny/whatever a snap. Slip fit still has to be able to "slip" in to place. Sometimes you dont have that extra room. Never too late to have flanges put on those slip collectors and y pipe.
This is going to be the 6th time in 3 years that I am pulling the transmission and you wouldn't believe how much easier it is with flanges! (sometimes I even reuse the old gaskets if they still look good) Shhhhhhhh!! lol
Old 06-18-2010, 04:12 AM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

I always use those dead soft technology gaskets. You can reuse the crap outta those things!
Old 06-18-2010, 03:03 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by BFarrier
can i use the slp off road y pipe with long tube headers? will they bolt right up or will there possibly some modifaction needed? thanks..
Which headers are you using?
Old 06-19-2010, 01:28 PM
Launching!

im thinking about purchasing hooker or pacesetter but i been reading up on hookers quality and i maybe going with pacesetter i dont have the money to buy kooks or american racing headers but the longtubes definitly
Old 06-21-2010, 09:24 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by BFarrier
im thinking about purchasing hooker or pacesetter but i been reading up on hookers quality and i maybe going with pacesetter i dont have the money to buy kooks or american racing headers but the longtubes definitly

If you haven't bought them yet you would be better off buying the matching Ypipe. I know someone makes a catted y pipe for the Pacesetter system but I am not sure who, I only carry the non catted.
Old 06-21-2010, 11:57 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Texas-Speed makes a catted Y that will fit Pacesetters. I just got mine and will have it installed this friday by Vengeance Racing.
Old 06-22-2010, 02:57 AM
Launching!

well see i want to run headers without cats then when it ciomes time to smog install cats then after smog remove them again
Old 06-22-2010, 02:58 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Why don't you get a x-pipe? Better hp and sounds.