Racer's Lounge - NFS: Hot Pursuit

View Full Version : NFS: Hot Pursuit

Need-More-Boost
06-17-2010, 02:51 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hJQRSB6IqE

I'd Get It:headbang:

violent_celerity
06-17-2010, 03:18 PM
OMFG looks soooo win! i remember hot pursuit 2 on PS2, it was fucking great.

cfallsguy
06-17-2010, 03:19 PM
Thought they already had a title of Hot Pursuit, one of their early ones. Anyway, looks decent but would need to see more features to be sold.

06 6.0 GTO
06-17-2010, 03:42 PM
I want a remake of underground 1 way more.

When that came out i thought it was the greatest thing ever. I even woke up hours early before school to play it haha

Z Fury
06-17-2010, 03:47 PM
A Veyron cop car would cause me to instantly shit myself. Game looks really good. I like seeing the Zonda in there.

Mr.z/28
06-17-2010, 03:49 PM
I love the NFS series.
Never hated any of those games.
Im getting it. =]

Endersshadow
06-17-2010, 03:57 PM
I was laughing at the Rustang Police cars...then I saw the Veyron and was like WTF. Also...the music at the end. It's a pretty old song by 30 seconds to mars. They must be fans or something. Seems like you never see older songs from newer bands...it's always their newer stuff.

00FlowCamaro
06-17-2010, 03:59 PM
I'm not to hot on racing game, but that looks awesome.

killamike
06-17-2010, 04:27 PM
They did have a title hot pursuit. I believe it was on the PC. Like a police force could afford two v-8s in a single car lol.

ThisBlood147
06-17-2010, 04:35 PM
The thing I'm most pumped about is the fact that the guys that did Burnout Paradise are making it. I'm looking forward to some badass wrecks in this one. :D

Can't wait.

Endersshadow
06-17-2010, 04:41 PM
The thing I'm most pumped about is the fact that the guys that did Burnout Paradise are making it. I'm looking forward to some badass wrecks in this one. :D

Can't wait.

Having wrecks means less licensed cars usually. A few of the exotics (Ferrari and Porsche) don't like seeing their cars used like that.

Jmagliola
06-17-2010, 04:42 PM
Definitely IN for this one, crap now I gotta go buy a racing wheel.

DlXlE
06-17-2010, 05:02 PM
Lol at the Mustang keeping up with the Koenigsegg. Still looks like it might be fun.

Need-More-Boost
06-17-2010, 05:12 PM
It Is A Remake Of The First version.

camar0corey
06-17-2010, 05:15 PM
I love the NFS series.
Never hated any of those games.
Im getting it. =]

Wait...... You even liked Pro Street? Curious as I only played it for about half and hour, its never been back out of the case since then. Couldn't stand it, definitely didn't feel like Need for Speed. Hell don't get me started on Shift either, that game had horrible controls IMO.

For me Most Wanted was my favorite. Combined the story telling we got used to from the Underground games, but brought chases back from the Hot Pursuit games.

LWCS561
06-17-2010, 05:29 PM
whats the 30 seconds from mars song? Looks like it'll be a good game, but it'll need at least the same amount of cars as the last need for speed game. The hot pursuit game for ps2 was one of my all time fave nfs games, i hope they deliver on this one. and when i saw the veyron cop car , i was like, wait..thats not fair lol

RikkiTorment
06-17-2010, 05:41 PM
The NFS series has slowly been taking a shit over the years, I think I might wait until reviews come out before I go tanking $60 on a series that hasn't released anything notable in years.

Endersshadow
06-17-2010, 05:44 PM
whats the 30 seconds from mars song? Looks like it'll be a good game, but it'll need at least the same amount of cars as the last need for speed game. The hot pursuit game for ps2 was one of my all time fave nfs games, i hope they deliver on this one. and when i saw the veyron cop car , i was like, wait..thats not fair lol

It's called edge of the earth.

WSsick
06-17-2010, 05:55 PM
i will probably end up picking this up, although it releases very soon after black ops.

Lol at the Mustang keeping up with the Koenigsegg. Still looks like it might be fun.

you mean lol @ the Lambo blowing by the veyron. A veyron and a ccx would be a rediculously awesome car chase. not to mention the always sexy zonda :drool:

For me Most Wanted was my favorite.

one of my top few favotire games of all time. LOOOVE most wanted. i go back and play it on the old ps2 from time to time. i even loved the arcade style handling they had in that game. i ALWAYS try to get level 5 heat on me. my longest chase was over an hour......not that its a good thing haha

06 6.0 GTO
06-17-2010, 06:43 PM
I wasnt a huge fan of most wanted but it did have a 6.0 GTO which is still a rarity in any video game so i appreciated being able to "practice" running from the 5 oh lol

retardedpenguin
06-17-2010, 07:31 PM
Sweet, I loved the old hot pursuits.. I wasn't a fan of the underground tuner ones.

Blk99ek
06-17-2010, 07:35 PM
A Veyron cop car would cause me to instantly shit myself. Game looks really good. I like seeing the Zonda in there.

exact same thing i was going to say!

justin455
06-17-2010, 11:03 PM
Just like everyone else, I really like the idea of trying to PIT a Zonda and CCX while driving a Veyron.

1995blacktattop
06-17-2010, 11:08 PM
I remember when this game first came out and it was state of the art and the best racing game ever! my have times changed, lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCIDRyWUq2g

SexyTransAm
06-17-2010, 11:11 PM
bout damn time! i loved old ones! watching that really gave me chills

SexyTransAm
06-17-2010, 11:15 PM
oh yea to hell with the underground series . hot pursuit is the real need for speed

1995blacktattop
06-17-2010, 11:21 PM
oh yea to hell with the underground series . hot pursuit is the real need for speed

:werd:

my favorite NFS games were 1, 3 and 4 and HP 2. notice the trend? there were no cops in nfs2.

I loved the Be the cop mode. IIRC nfs3 only had that on PC (which is what i had) and it wasn't introduced on the PS1 and xbox until nfs 4

cfallsguy
06-18-2010, 10:18 AM
Need for Speed Hot Pursuit is being developed by Criterion Games, the developers behind the critically-acclaimed Burnout racing series. These renowned innovators are redefining action racing by delivering an experience that connects players through intense competition whether playing online together or taking on friends' challenges.

At the heart of Need for Speed Hot Pursuit is a suite of connected features called Need for Speed Autolog that enables players to connect, compare and compete with their friends effortlessly. Exotic cars on the open road, the rush of the escape, the thrill of the takedown - this is Need for Speed Hot Pursuit.

Career - For the first time in Need for Speed history, players will experience the gripping and heart-racing action of both cops and racers. Hot Pursuit seamlessly links a tremendously deep and fully-defined single player career with a groundbreaking multiplayer experience across all race modes. In the end, whether playing online with friends, taking on friends challenges or the single player career, players will earn bounty that levels them up and unlocks new cars, weapons and equipment.

Need For Speed Autolog - In Need for Speed Hot Pursuit, your friends drive your gameplay experience. Need for Speed Autolog is a revolutionary system that connects friends directly to each other's games, enabling them to compare and share all their experiences, pictures and challenges. Need for Speed Autolog instinctively delivers challenges based on what your friends have been doing, creating a hugely dynamic, socially competitive experience.
Weapons and Equipment - Enhance the intensity of the pursuit using multiple weapons as the heat level increases during a pursuit. Whether taking down suspects with a variety of cop weapons or using evasion equipment as a racer to outsmart the cops, players will always have a method for gaining an edge over their opponent.

Cars - In Hot Pursuit, the cars go from hot to hotter. Experience the thrill of driving the world's most desirable high performance cars at incredible speeds. Feel the power of busting suspects in supercharged cop interceptors like the Lamborghini Reventon or outsmarting the law as a racer in high performance supercars like the Pagani Zonda Cinque.

Seacrest County - Explore a world as diverse as the California coastline with desert, forest, seaside and mountainous regions. The open world of Seacrest County is designed to create the most intense pursuit experiences ever found in a racing game.

Here's the source: http://www.tothegame.com/ps3-10644-need-for-speed-hot-pursuit-for-sony-playstation-3.html
But after seeing a video of actual gameplay the graphics don't look too impressive, but not bad.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqq257lhybE

November is going to have a lot of games coming out such at GT5, NFS:HP, Black Ops, Duke Nuke Em, and whatever else. Going to be a hard choice which to pick up first out of GT5, NFS and Black Ops.