Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Installed LCA reloc. brackets, LCA's, and PHB today.

Old 01-15-2004, 05:02 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Installed LCA reloc. brackets, LCA's, and PHB today.

I put the relocation brackets, LCA's, and PHB on today, and WOW!!! what a difference. The whole rear end feels tighter. I put the LCA's on the lower hole on the reloc brackets because I am lowering the car next week. If you are not lowered, go with the middle or lower if you want extereme traction, just watch out because the rear might come loose on turns. I am just going to take it easy for the next week (which isn't very easy to do right now with all the fun stuff on there). I torqued the PHB to 60ft/lbs and all the LCA bolts/nuts to 80 ft/lbs as reccommended to me by the instructions that it came with and other websites about installs. The LCA's with the poly get one pump grease and the PHB gets 2-2 1/2. I have the rubber on the front of the LCA's at the boddy and the poly on the rear. If you are going to do this mod then definately take off your wheels/tires, will go much faster.

I got most my info from http://www.bmrfabrication.com/instructions.htm and http://www.installuniversity.com/ . Both sites have very good info for this install and like I said made it very easy. I also ordered new bolts/nuts from BMR and they are 3/4", not the 18mm like what the car had on originally. I hope this helps for anyone else that wants to do this mod.
Old 01-15-2004, 05:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DanoHB
I also ordered new bolts/nuts from BMR and they are 3/4", not the 18mm like what the car had on originally. I hope this helps for anyone else that wants to do this mod.
The mount on the body has one hole larger than the other. The stock bolts have shoulder on them.

So, when the PHB begins clunking you will know exactly where it's coming from.

Keep those bolts and nuts handy. When the end snaps off while going down the road, you will need the stock hardware to install replacement parts
Old 01-15-2004, 10:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Did mine back in November and i love it too
Old 01-16-2004, 04:13 PM
On The Tree

I replaced the bolts/nuts on the LCA's, not the PHB. Sorry for the confusion. The orihinal 18mm bolts/nuts on the LCA's are threaded and that eats up the centers of the LCA's and that is usually why people hear the squeaking as well. When you get the upgraded bolts/nuts, they are threaded on the end where you need it, and smooth in the middle where you don't.
Old 01-16-2004, 05:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Please keep a sharp eye on those poly ends.

My BMR ends snapped at the weld where the stud is attached.
Things got very interesting very quickly.
Old 01-16-2004, 07:20 PM
12 Second Club

I'm planning on the same mods in a while. I got a cupon in GM High-tech for 15% BMR stuff but its not good till May. Dont know if i can wait.

Search this Thread