I want your thoughts/opinions on this video. *Help spread this video a bit*

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2010, 10:11 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default I want your thoughts/opinions on this video. *Help spread this video a bit*

http://www.vimeo.com/12623919

Guy walks up to see a guy getting his lock cut off his bike. You can watch the rest.

The cameraman has an annoying voice but whatever. Shows a lot that is wrong with the world today... from the Law to the trash that pollute this planet.

Quote from the guy who filmed this:

Originally Posted by Steve Langford
Filmed on a Kodak Zi6 attached to my messenger bag. After the video I called and waited 45mi after several calls for police to respond. LBPD officer watched video and blew it off. Said if I was afraid of him he could arrest him for terrorist threat, but since...

Got forwarded to Ramone Agular in Councilman Loenthal's office where it lead to LBPD taking the video as evidence to charge the perp with something when he gets out of lockup. Where he is now for bike theft.

My concern is with the older security guard clearly working with them. LBPD said they would investigate him, and that he should be fired. I rode by him yesterday, he's still there. All they need to do is dump his phone and look for ties to know offenders.

So I think I basically got lip serviced. Turns out the only real currency these days is Public Relations. LB is concerned about it's image to a point so the more eyes view this the more chance there is of Lowenthals's office making enough noise to get the criminal culture turned around. Get the Plat security guard fired... Plat security is owned by an X LBPD BTW...
Old 06-20-2010, 10:29 AM
TECH Pimp

Wow..
Old 06-20-2010, 10:32 AM
TECH Resident

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

lol! Scared *** flashlight cops. They saw too much color and got scared. Thats why they kept their distance. Those guys are useless in a situation like that. They don't get paid enough to get their *** kicked so they just look the other way.
Old 06-20-2010, 11:21 AM
TECH Resident

"You better leave before I beat you up". Some of the best grammar I've heard from a guy with gold fronts. The whole video gets under my skin.
Old 06-20-2010, 11:41 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by s.o.m.SS
"You better leave before I beat you up". Some of the best grammar I've heard from a guy with gold fronts. The whole video gets under my skin.
+1

sometimes people simply amaze me, but not alwas in a good way
Old 06-20-2010, 11:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

freaking wow...
Old 06-20-2010, 12:05 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by dgcustomz
They saw too much color and got scared.
Exactly, all too typical these days.
Old 06-20-2010, 12:13 PM
11 Second Club

Just makes you stop and realize how fucked this world really is. **** like this happens everyday and most of the time not a damn thing is done about it. It just gives some ******** the idea that even if he does get caught he won't be charged for anything.

I mean **** how is anyone of us supposed to go to work everyday and not worry constantly about your wife,girlfriend, or children with people like this?
Old 06-20-2010, 12:23 PM
TECH Addict

The guy with a camera is a *****. He should have beat thats nigs ***. Everyone knows ghetto thugs like that cant fight. hahah If someone told me they were gonna beat me up they would catch a kick to there gut. And yes Mall cops are worthless.
Old 06-20-2010, 12:27 PM
LS7 Member

Sweet LBCC Vikings football shirt lol. I bet he's on the team.

Def ridiculous. Gotta love someone robbing people in broad daylight in a populated area. Scumbags...
Old 06-20-2010, 12:31 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glad we have CHL here it Texas.
Old 06-20-2010, 12:43 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 202 Likes on 122 Posts

man that sucks i would have took the chain off the bike and beat that ******* *** with it. Now that is a IGNORANT SOB
Todays world is so fucked up !!!!
Old 06-20-2010, 12:50 PM
Staging Lane

cool!
Old 06-20-2010, 12:56 PM
On The Tree

Makes me love living in Tyler Texas so much, the entitlement society isn't rampant here. People generally work for what they have not steal it.
Old 06-20-2010, 02:42 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by 1972_Z-28
This x10000

Since I turned 21 on the 1st, I've been debating getting mine. I want to get it, but the way they keep trying to take our guns away, people with CHL's will be the first they go after...
Old 06-20-2010, 02:54 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 1972_Z-28
That is a stupid *** statement. There was not never any justification for use of deadly force. If you can pull a gun, you had better be willing to pull a trigger. Pull a trigger in that situation and you would have been charged with murder.
Old 06-20-2010, 03:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by 98Roller
That is a stupid *** statement. There was not never any justification for use of deadly force. If you can pull a gun, you had better be willing to pull a trigger. Pull a trigger in that situation and you would have been charged with murder.
I'm pretty sure the guy kept threatening him to leave or he would "beat him up" and the fact that he did swing and push him is more then enough in court to pull an gun and shoot that idiot. He could have easily been "In fear for his life" with all those "gangsters" around and actually telling him hes going to get shot if he didn't leave? I would have shot that ****** right in-between the eyes.
Old 06-20-2010, 03:25 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by 98Roller
It IS possible that he wasn't referring to that particular situation, but instead referring to the fact that crime in general is running rampant, and it's good we can legally defend ourselves.
Old 06-20-2010, 03:43 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by enigmah
I'm pretty sure the guy kept threatening him to leave or he would "beat him up" and the fact that he did swing and push him is more then enough in court to pull an gun and shoot that idiot. He could have easily been "In fear for his life" with all those "gangsters" around and actually telling him hes going to get shot if he didn't leave? I would have shot that ****** right in-between the eyes.
I remember the CHL instructor saying something to the effect that getting beat up is not justification to use deadly force, unless perhaps you are outnumber like 3 or more to 1. Its also going to depend on who is defending themselves, if the above situation had happened and the camera man had been oh lets say a elderly woman, and the guy had threatened her and raised his hand to punch her, then she has way more slack with which to justify "fear for her life".

In any case as has been stated I think the CHL comment was all encompassing, not just directed at this incident. Either way the above situation is messed up.
Old 06-20-2010, 03:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

pounding time