Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

just wondering 88 t/a gta is it worth it

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2010, 07:34 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default just wondering 88 t/a gta is it worth it

have a friend who is selling an 88 trans am gta for 1000. it has a 350 tpi motor bored 60 over and has less than 10000 on the rebuid. it has headders and full 3inc exhaust and a buit trans with shift kit. may have cam in it too.
the bad its painted a dark purple coolor and is missing the gta rims. has some dum lokking chrome wheels. i am going too look at it this week i am told the body is in good shape. i will see this week. what do you guys think is it worth it for 1000bucks. worst case senerio woul i get my money back. is the motor and trans worth it alone to bulid a nother 3rd gen. i value your guys imput thans.
Old 06-22-2010, 12:05 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would try to go cheaper than 1k, given that it sounds like a aftermarket paint job and has 'bling-bling' rims. You can find GTA rims on Ebay. I personally wouldn't pay more than 500, even if it was my best friend selling, because of the color and rims.

Now if it were a gray GTA, id buy it for 1k in a heart beat, regardless of the quality of engine/tranny, since they will need work anyways, depending on your build.