Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Newbie Needs Help On Fuel Pump

Old 06-23-2010, 11:40 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie Needs Help On Fuel Pump

Hello fellow gearheads . I have a 2000 S10 Extreem , with a 2002 LS1 out of a Corvette . Ok , now for the problem . Its time to change the fuel pump in the gas tank and I have no idea what pump it is . I have been told that a stock 4.3 will not run this motor , but on the other hand I have been told it will???. So I am trying to find out what kind of fuel pressure a stock 2002 fuel pump from a Corvette runs . I have taken this pump from my truck to different places with no luck . And here I thought they would just be able to look at the numbers on it and tell me what it is,,hell no...I am thinking it might be a fuel pump out of a 2006 or so 5.3 v8???..But there again I don't know what kind of pressure that pump would produce. Sure could use some help guys...Have a fun truck stuck in my garage . And I sure don't want to start buying pumps that wont work and can't take back..Thanks guys...
Old 06-23-2010, 03:00 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Take some pictures of the fuel pump setup in the tank and fuel lines including the fuel filter and maybe we can figure it out. You need 58psi constant fuel pressure. Most all gm fuel injection pumps will develope 75psi, its the regulator that controls the prssure.
Old 06-23-2010, 03:11 PM
Teching In

I bet that truck is scary fast! I bet it fits nicely.
Old 06-23-2010, 03:39 PM
Teching In

Hey thanks for your guys replies,,and I sure will take a few shots of it and see if I can get it on here...Sense I am a newbie, not real sure yet on how to post a pic...Just to let you know, this S10 does have the stock ECU off of the 2002 Corvette and its been tweaked a little , because it has headers and does not have any O2 sensors . If that helps any...And yes it fits really nice, didn't even have to cut the cross member,,used a alumin oil pan off of a GM 5.3 v8,,worked really well . So far, I have seen no short cuts on this swap . But still learning about it . Now to solve the traction probs,,,back tires really bunny hop super bad . Stock drive shafts where taken off and replaced with a alum. 6inch one peice drive shaft instead, to take the extra power . And 400 horse or so from the motor does make this little truck interesting to drive. This summer I am going to put a custom paint job on it with matching interior . Now learn how to put up pics,,I will have it made,,,,lol...
Old 06-24-2010, 06:20 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

For my swap and every one I've helped with, the Walbro GSS340 or 341 is what went into the tank. Racetronix sells kits for most vehicles, check them out.

Price is right, they fit the usual GM in-tank setup, they've been very reliable, and they suck less amperage than any known alternatives.

Search this Thread