Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dynatech or Hedman LS swap headers

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2010, 12:35 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Dynatech or Hedman LS swap headers

I would like some opinons on these two brands of headers.Im looking at the Dynatech long tubes or the Hedman mid length headers.I would like to go with long tubes but if the fitment is a real pain I'll go with the Hedmans mids.Also what kind mounts and or adapter plates you using them with.Im putting them in a 78 nova with a LS3 so any 70-81 camaro LS swap parts will work on my nova.Thanks in advance!
Old 06-23-2010, 05:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 583 Likes on 461 Posts

BRP/Hedman need their engine mount kit for proper fitment. I am unaware of Dynatech having any 70-81 Camaro LSx swap headers available. I heard good things about Edelbrock swap headers for this application but IIRC.... someone thought the headers hung a little low & will be subject to bumps.

RetroLSx is suspose to be working on SS headers but no ETA and what position their mount kit puts the engine. ( vs. say the typical 1" set-back swap plates)

I hope more info comes out this summer before I get the funds to purchase my own.
Old 06-23-2010, 08:34 PM
On The Tree

Called BRP today and they said they wasnt for sure how well other headers would fit with there engine mounts.The guy I talked to was pretty helpful....Im thinking of going with the Hedman mid length headers.I think that will give me more room than the dynatechs which have some pretty massive primary tubes.Heres a link to there website
http://www.afabcorp.com/AFCO_Dynatec...uscle_camaro70
Old 06-25-2010, 05:30 PM
On The Tree

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Default headers

I used the edelbrock headers and motor plates. Fit like a glove. Stainless and coated price is right also.
Old 06-26-2010, 08:22 AM
On The Tree

I am trying to find a pair of full length headers for my 70 camaro swap but I am having trouble finding long tubes that have the 1 7/8" primaries.

Does anyone have a link to a pair??
Old 06-26-2010, 09:38 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by victor3ranger
I am trying to find a pair of full length headers for my 70 camaro swap but I am having trouble finding long tubes that have the 1 7/8" primaries.

Does anyone have a link to a pair??
http://www.brphotrods.com/mm5/mercha...ory_Code=CNV14

Main page for their x-body stuff: http://www.brphotrods.com/mm5/mercha...ory_Code=CNV14

I bought their swap kit and was happy with it, I'll be ordering the headers next week. They have a 5% off discount for LS1Tech members, you have to call in to get the discount.

Quick Reply: Dynatech or Hedman LS swap headers