LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

My car has the hiccups.....

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2010, 05:39 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default My car has the hiccups.....

This has been going on since 1000 or so miles after my header swap. I am not sure if the swap was to blame, but its possible. During the swap i deleted air and egr, if thats helpful information. Anyway....anytime the car is under a load or at WOT it will hesitate, sputter and feel very sluggish. Its quite literally like my car has the hiccups. Under load, it will only studder, however under WOT it will do that, as well as feel like its only pushing about 75 horsepower....Any Idea what I might be dealing with? And for those who say opti, I changed that, the plug wires, the plugs, the fuel filter and the 02 sensors. All have made no difference.....ideas?

I forgot to mention, it only really starts happening AFTER the car has warmed up a bit.
Old 06-23-2010, 06:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

did you tune for the headers,no egr,no air...ect?
Old 06-23-2010, 08:40 PM
TECH Resident

Test icm and coil..test then if bad replace
Old 06-24-2010, 04:36 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by defaultexistence
did you tune for the headers,no egr,no air...ect?
I didnt tune them out no, I was told it wouldnt be necessary, but I have been thinking of a tune lately, think thats a good possibility?

Ill look into the other two as well
Old 06-24-2010, 06:48 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by zdc590
I didnt tune them out no, I was told it wouldnt be necessary, but I have been thinking of a tune lately, think thats a good possibility?

Ill look into the other two as well
a tune is nearly 100% essential...
Old 06-24-2010, 10:34 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SoxXpupPeT
a tune is nearly 100% essential...
No, I ran with no problems and picked up alot of power on a longtube and ORY alone. It will help even more but there is something else going on there. I'd say start with the ICM and coil as said above just because it dose it when it gets hot and then move on to a tune. Check for exhaust leaks as well. If it leaks close to the o2's they will pick it up and the PCM will start dumping fuel like crazy. Make sure there are no leaks at the flange, and the collector both where it bolts or clamps up and where all the primaries go into the collector. sounds crazy but it happen to me.
Old 07-02-2010, 04:37 PM
Launching!

This kinda bugs me to say, because it was my thinking that I didn't necessarily need a tune after doing headers and deleting emissions stuff, but the tune fixed it. PCMforless did a great job, the cars a whole new animal now. Just bringing the thread back incase anyone does a search and has a similar situation.
Old 07-02-2010, 04:45 PM
TECH Addict

If it was after the header swap i would check for some burnt plug wires, ask me how i know LOL. No tune is needed for header install, a tune is always better but it wont effect the car in a negative way

Quick Reply: My car has the hiccups.....