LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

shbox site worked for me like a charm

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2010, 12:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default shbox site worked for me like a charm

not sure where this would be better placed so I figured I put it here. I am in the middle of packing up my house for my move, and during the packing I found two identical GM keyless entry remotes. So i got to looking and found how to program these. Mind you i have owned this car since 06 and never had remotes for this car at all. So i went out and it took about 10 seconds and now i have two remotes that both work without issue for my car. No more having to unlock my car with the keys in the rain. Even though my car doesnt ever get driven in the rain unless I get caught in it off guard. That is what me DD is for. lol
Anyways i just figured I would share. Thanks again Rob for all your hard work on the collection of information on your site. It has got me out of a bind many of times.
Old 06-24-2010, 01:44 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That's awesome, I wish I had keyless entry

Shbox doe definately have a ton of great info!
Old 06-24-2010, 07:08 AM
TECH Addict

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Yup, per his instructions, I changed out my drivers side window motor in about 30 minutes...Great Info..
Old 06-24-2010, 07:56 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 50 Likes on 44 Posts

Thanks, people.

LOL, I used my own window motor guide to replace my RH motor recently.

I updated some of the text and added some pics from the RH side.
Old 06-24-2010, 08:15 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

No doubt. I can definitely say his site has saved me more time and money than I can even count at this point. A real lifesaver...
Old 06-24-2010, 08:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

Ya as a matter of fact I used your guide to change the LH side window motor back in 06.

The only thing that confused me on your write-up on the keyless entry for the pre-95 keyless entry was it the initial paragraph it says you use terminal F and A to ground the program but then when it has the procedure to do it, it says to ground out G and A. I did G and A and it worked without any issue.
Old 06-24-2010, 08:49 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Shoebox is a lifesaver. Whenever I have to do something Ive never done or havent done a while, I go straight to his site just to read over it. It helps alot just to read over it before you begin. Shoe even personally helped me out on my weird no start issue about a week or 2 ago. Thanks shoei.
(Im trying out all the shoebox nicknames today)
Edit - How did you come up with that name?
Old 06-24-2010, 02:34 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by litch2004
Ya as a matter of fact I used your guide to change the LH side window motor back in 06.

The only thing that confused me on your write-up on the keyless entry for the pre-95 keyless entry was it the initial paragraph it says you use terminal F and A to ground the program but then when it has the procedure to do it, it says to ground out G and A. I did G and A and it worked without any issue.
That's because the initial paragraph is referring to the receiver and the procedure is referring to the DLC. Two different things.

Originally Posted by moderate Z28
Shoebox is a lifesaver. Whenever I have to do something Ive never done or havent done a while, I go straight to his site just to read over it. It helps alot just to read over it before you begin. Shoe even personally helped me out on my weird no start issue about a week or 2 ago. Thanks shoei.
(Im trying out all the shoebox nicknames today)
Edit - How did you come up with that name?
Shoebox comes from the nickname for the 55-57 Chevys (I have a 57). I also had an early Chevy II that people sometimes used the same nickname for.

The thank you's and any donations to the site are appreciated.
Old 06-24-2010, 03:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

That makes sense now. I didn't know you could make donations to your site. Where do you do that. As soon as I get some money again; since everything went to the new house, ill be sure to send some your way.
Old 06-24-2010, 03:32 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by moehorsepower
Yup, per his instructions, I changed out my drivers side window motor in about 30 minutes...Great Info..
Shbox is the man! Funny thing you mention the window motor. My dad changed out the window motor on my mom's car and it was a bitch. After he was done I told him he should of gone on shbox to follow the easy "how too". needless to say everytime theres a job to do on the car he asks if it's on shbox.
Old 06-24-2010, 03:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts

When I decided to get another LT1 car after 10 years I found shbox.com to be invaluable. This led to reading a lot of posts on LS1tech to get ready. I found several members to be among the most knowlegable and helpful:

shbox
ramair95ta
ss.slp.ls1
fleetmgr
96capricemgr
1badzee
achotrod
vendetta

Props where they're due...
Old 06-24-2010, 04:14 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by litch2004
That makes sense now. I didn't know you could make donations to your site. Where do you do that. As soon as I get some money again; since everything went to the new house, ill be sure to send some your way.
There is a Paypal donation button on the Tech Page and another one on the window motor page.
Old 06-25-2010, 09:59 AM
BTC
TECH Fanatic

Location: Lansing, MI via Bowling Green, KY, Dalton GA, Nashville, TN & Atlanta, GA
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

I have to change my driver's side window motor at some point. I would be shocked if I were to complete to process in 30 minutes. Is it really that simple? It seems like it would be a pain, even after reading shoebox's instructions. Granted, I haven't looked at them in a few years. Maybe it's just because there doesn't seem to be much room to work inside the door. I sure hope my "new" motor is good.
Old 06-25-2010, 12:57 PM
On The Tree

+1 on shbox, did my cam install, springs, window motor, and who knows what else, Thanks for your help, SO much!!!
Old 06-25-2010, 01:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

I also just used his cam removal/install write-ups. As well as springs, seal, and valve lash.
Old 06-25-2010, 06:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 46 Likes on 31 Posts

I used his site for my cam install, the wiring (94 body, 95 harness/ecu) and a few other misc. things on my old 94 z28. Invaluable. It will be coming in handy again for me soon enough when I try to stab the new engine into my turd gen.
Old 06-28-2010, 07:16 AM
TECH Addict

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by BTC
I have to change my driver's side window motor at some point. I would be shocked if I were to complete to process in 30 minutes. Is it really that simple? It seems like it would be a pain, even after reading shoebox's instructions. Granted, I haven't looked at them in a few years. Maybe it's just because there doesn't seem to be much room to work inside the door. I sure hope my "new" motor is good.
Yup it is, some people will take out the whole mechanism and window, with his instruction all you take out is the motor, no adjustments to make just bolt and go, well at least on mine I did...
Old 06-28-2010, 09:47 AM
TECH Resident

yep, shoebox IS DA MAN!!!!!! ive used his site soooo many time, now you just need to do a ls1 page! lol, and a c5 page!

Quick Reply: shbox site worked for me like a charm