Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tuned then tranny stopped working

Old 06-24-2010, 09:26 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tuned then tranny stopped working

So i had my car tuned, a mailorder and the list below is what was done,

Claibrated MAF, adjusted the parmimters in: throttle cracker, PE table, both VE tables, both Spark Tables, base running airflow, throttle follower tables, part throttle shift tables, full throttle shift speed tables, full throttle shift rpm tables, force motor current tables, desired shift time tables, shift pressure tables, tcc duty cycle tables, torque reduction tables

Would anything here raise a flag as to problems, i am broke and can not afford a new tranny so i am heartbroken
Old 06-26-2010, 01:43 AM
Teching In

doesnt shift into second until about 5000rpm and only shifts if u feather the throttle just right, then will not shift into third or fourth.
Old 06-26-2010, 04:21 PM
12 Second Club

set all ur **** back to stock and see if it works then.
Old 06-27-2010, 08:09 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

All of what you listed raises a flag if the tuner was a hack. If it shifted fine on the previous tune, you need to go back to that tune. I suggest not driving it. If the tranny settings are that hacked, driving it could be doing damage. How long have you had the mail order tune? It never shifted right after the new tune?
Old 06-27-2010, 04:48 PM
Teching In

it shifted fine for about 20 mins then when i gave it some gas it just redlined and would not shift up from second.
Old 06-27-2010, 08:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Did it downshift to 2nd and slip or was it stuck in second when you floored it? if it shifted fine for 20 minutes i hate to say it but it may be mechanical, atleast thats where id be leaning. check your fluid as well...
Old 06-27-2010, 11:25 PM
Teching In

i believe it is mechanical because the day after i swapped the fluid and filter to see if the filter was plugged, the magnet in the drain pan had quite a bit of metal stuck to it, just small metal dust.

i brought it to gm and the computer read that pressures would not raise high enough to shift even when the tech manually tried to raise them with the computer hooked up.

it shifted to second then would redline and not shift, then got to the point where i couldnt get out of first and was undrivable as i was scared of doing more damage so i had it towed.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Tuned then tranny stopped working