Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS1 swap ?

Old 06-27-2010, 02:14 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS1 swap ?

So Ive come across a pretty good deal on a wrecked 98 LS1 camaro and Ive been pondering on doing a swap. Ive read the sticky's and searched the forums. But all I would like to see is a basic summary of the things that I would have to do or change in order to make the swap work. I know the mechanical aspect of it but I'm exactly sure on the electrical front.
Ill be getting the whole camaro so everything is at me disposal. My biggest problem is probably that the car that the ls1 is going into is a 4l60E and the camaro is a manual. I'm pretty sure that I could make it work but wouldn't I have to splice the lt1 transmission harness into the ls1 harness some how. And to top it off would I have to buy a LS1 auto ecm.
Keep in mind that the two cars are a 95 firebird lt1 auto and a 98 ls1 camaro manual.

Also is their anyone that offers to do the harness changes?
Old 07-01-2010, 12:07 PM
11 Second Club

Received 58 Likes on 51 Posts

I got your pm..this post here leaves out the info you gave me.

Basically you want to put the LT1/4L60E into the 1998 car?
That's what I got from your pm's..
Old 07-01-2010, 07:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You can check the link in my sig for the details of my swap. If you want to stay with the auto you can use the trans you have with the proper flexplate and spacer. Yes the LT1 auto wiring would need to be added to the LS1 harness which would also need to be modified to work with the LT1 car. The LS1 pcm would need to be reflashed to an auto and then you would be good to go. Other option since you have the whole 98 car is to make the 95 an M6 but thats only if you prefer to shift your own gears.

Search this Thread