Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Driver Side Door Sagging

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2010, 07:28 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Driver Side Door Sagging

My driver side door is no longer lining up and it having trouble closing. I went to the body shop today and he said the hinge is shot but since that area is fiberglass they could not weld and he would need to change the whole door out. Is there anything else I can do besides buying a new door? My car is 1999 Chevy Camaro SS. Thanks
Old 06-28-2010, 07:34 AM
On The Tree

I haven't tried to mess with my slight sag, but it seems as if the hinges should be able to be loosened and the door tugged up slightly then retightened, this should solve the issue.

without seeing yours its hard to say, but a whole new door seems extreme. someone that's messed with them should be able to help ya out
Old 06-28-2010, 11:44 PM
Staging Lane

why dont u buy a hinge or a hinger rebuild kit if that is the problem, unless the sagging is caused by structural damage on the door
Old 06-29-2010, 10:44 AM
Teching In

The body guy said the hinge and the area around it was rotted out. I dont see it, to me it looks like the hinge could be fixed. The only reason i was worried about it was that the outside weather stripping at the base of the window has been popping out and scratching the top part of my door. Thanks for the responses guys I appreciate it!
Old 06-29-2010, 11:30 AM
On The Tree

My door is doing the same thing except my door skin is rubbing at the bottom and cracked a small part of the skin. I took it to two body shops.

First one said he could take the door off and re-enforce to door itself and get it to line back up.

Second shop said I would have to get a whole new door and have it painted to match my car.. I didnt mention I have ghost flames.

Quick Reply: Driver Side Door Sagging