Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just installed SLP lid on LS1, quick question

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2010, 10:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just installed SLP lid on LS1, quick question

Ok so I just installed SLP lid on my WS6, I notice the extra power, but I also notice when I first turned it on that the idle was very low, but quickly picked up. I notice that every time I accelerate then put it into (N) the RPMs fall well below 1 almost feels like the car is about to shut off but it does not, is this normal? When I was removing the MAF I dropped it by accident but did not see any damage to the small sensors. I have an M6 so I am not sure if that makes a difference?
Old 06-30-2010, 10:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

How long has it been doing it? Mine does that every time I unhook the battery. Goes away after a few drives. My guess would be the IAC valve needs to learn the new flow. Just a guess tho.
Old 06-30-2010, 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by Breathing Fire
How long has it been doing it? Mine does that every time I unhook the battery. Goes away after a few drives. My guess would be the IAC valve needs to learn the new flow. Just a guess tho.
This is the first time I've disconnected the battery. I just installed it about an hour ago and only took couple drives around the block, maybe I have the same problem as you.
Old 06-30-2010, 10:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Maybe. Take it for a good half hour drive if you can. Usually the computer has established fuel trims and everything else by then. If it doesn't go away I don't know what else to do. Mine always goes away so I never worry about it.
Old 06-30-2010, 10:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

It should be fine after driving like 20 mins OR you hurt the MAF (prolly not, unless you touched the wires).

Should be fine, check for vac leaks.