Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Spohn torque arm on dana 60 questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2010, 12:21 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Spohn torque arm on dana 60 questions

I have a bmr torque arm currently. Its mounted on my 4l80 conversion crossmember. I have a few issues. Its hitting in back on trans tunnel.I have moved rearend over with adjustable panhard.I have hammered on the trans tunnel and am at stock height bracket is cut. Its not bad when just me in the car but put two or more and its hitting just about every big bump.

Secondly it seems to be clunking and making noise in front when hit brakes hard.
Maybe snout is too long,maybe its the rod ends? Both these things are starting to drive me nuts.

I am thinking to switch over to spohn torque arm. I have spohn in my 96z28. No clunks when hit brakes, its nice and quiet.
I would test it out on my 99TT but would have to hack up bracket on it .So want to know any of you guys running spohn torque arm on your dana 60 swap.
They say right on sight they ship bracket setup for dana 60 if you ask them too. I am not talking about the tunnel mount spohn. I had that one first and ground clearance was not good so ditched it for the crossmember mounted torque arm setup.I have bmr crossmember relocation style.