LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Need Location of O2 Sensors on 95 z28

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2010, 01:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Location of O2 Sensors on 95 z28

in process of trying to get my 95 z running right. Had it up on the lift changing the exhaust, could only locate on o2 sensor on the front drivers side (appeared to be new). Car is sluggish, seems underpowered- had the plugs & wires changed, still sluggish. I was told its probably a bad o2 as it is running rich and gettting terrible gas mileage. How many other o2 sensors are there? Anything on the manifold? Where else would the other o2 sensors be? Thanks for the tips
Old 07-01-2010, 01:47 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The two that matter are near the manifolds up front. Should be a single one on the passenger side cat, that doesn't matter though.

If you're underneath the car you should be able to see both, they are in the I/Y pipe turd if I recall correctly. I'll try to find a pic.

Old 07-01-2010, 01:57 PM

Thanks a bunch man- huge help. Do you think it could be the problem? cat was blocked when I bought it, so we just made the cat a shell and basically are running straight pipes (sounds nasty). When I had the plugs changed, it had the 2 plugs near drivers side firewall fouled, drove it about 10 mins afterwards and couldnt really feel a diff (and I should, considering thats two more cylinders firing now). Runs rich as well, exhaust was pretty black. And as for gas mileage, I run 93 and I bet I only get 10 mpg. Appreciate your help
Old 07-01-2010, 01:59 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 95PurpleHaze
Thanks a bunch man- huge help. Do you think it could be the problem? cat was blocked when I bought it, so we just made the cat a shell and basically are running straight pipes (sounds nasty). When I had the plugs changed, it had the 2 plugs near drivers side firewall fouled, drove it about 10 mins afterwards and couldnt really feel a diff (and I should, considering thats two more cylinders firing now). Runs rich as well, exhaust was pretty black. And as for gas mileage, I run 93 and I bet I only get 10 mpg. Appreciate your help
Yeah.....if the O2's change nothing, the tune is off or you got bad cylinders. I'd do a compression check next.
Old 07-01-2010, 02:05 PM

I was thinkin of a tune for it- Unfortunately all I can find is the hypertech programmer for it and Im not sure its worth it cause I wouldnt be able to change rev limiter or top speed limiter- and I live way out in nowhere PA so the nearest dyno shop is 4 hours. Any suggestions on a proggrammer for it?

Quick Reply: Need Location of O2 Sensors on 95 z28