LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Where does this go?? Help me get this 383 running tonight (will update regularly)

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2010, 03:19 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where does this go?? Help me get this 383 running tonight (will update regularly)

So I am in the final process toward getting the 383 running.

I will be posting up random pics throughout the day if there is something I can't figure out.

help is appreciated.

thanks

First thing is the second line on the distributor vent line, I got the one that plugs into the distributor and goes into the intake manifold, but not sure where the other one goes.

Old 07-01-2010, 03:58 PM
TECH Resident

the one wit hthe blue fitting goes in your air elbow and the other which is the second pic goes in the opti where the plug is at
Old 07-01-2010, 03:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The blue elbow goes into the intake elbow.

The hose with the green clamp goes on the small nipple on the optispark.
Old 07-01-2010, 04:24 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 50 Likes on 44 Posts

http://shbox.com/1/opti_vacuum_harness.jpg
Old 07-01-2010, 04:38 PM
On The Tree

cool guys, thanks. just finishing up my koni install, getting close to getting this fired up. will keep everyone updated, thanks again
Old 07-01-2010, 08:10 PM
On The Tree

A few more things I need to get right as well. These are the last wiring related questions I think, hopefully.

First picture shows the coolant line going from the back of the head along the passenger side and to the front, I believe this goes into the throttle body and then the other line from the radiator I believe goes into the throttle body also, I did the bypass so I am pretty sure I just use an elbow and connect those two correct?

This picture shows two plugs on the passenger side and I also have two plugs on the rear driver side of the intake which I believe I don't use any longer since they are emissions plugs and I deleted some emissions. sound right?

I have this plug underneath the heat shield for the brake lines which I believe uses one of the plugs from the picture after the one showing this plug. just wondering which one I should use.

The picture showing all the plugs are currently on the driver side and I believe one of them is the wheel speed sensor on the driver side and the others should go to the transmission correct? I am just having trouble getting them to go back that far and still plug into the plug under the brake line heat shield. Any advice or inputs on these plugs or better way to route them would be awesome.

and last question at the moment is the starter wires, I believe the small and big wire in this pic coming from the harness go under the small and large nut respectively correct on the starter? I just don't want to short anything out.

thanks again, it has been over a year since I touched any of these wires.
Old 07-01-2010, 08:22 PM
8 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Coolant hose goes into the metal tee with the bleeder in it.

The red connector goes to the evap modual. You have the one hose in your hand in the first picture and it goes from the passenger side under the TB and routes into the extra line besides the fuel lines.

The rest of those harnesses go to speed sensors and all that other **** on the bottom of your car. Have you plugged in the low coolant sensor underneath the cap, the MAP sensor on the from of the intake and the coolant temp sensor on the front of the wp. There is also 3 plug in the tb and the IAT sensor as well as the MAP you have to connect as well. You really can't mess it up if you use shoebox's site. Besides most of the connectors will only go in one slot.
Old 07-01-2010, 08:34 PM
TECH Veteran

The starter wires, the big end goes where the battery cable goes to on the starter, not where you have the arrow....the small one gets bolted to the block not the starter!
Old 07-01-2010, 08:34 PM
Launching!

ever heard of labeling wires so you dont have these brain farts???
Old 07-01-2010, 08:36 PM
TECH Veteran

[

I have this plug underneath the heat shield for the brake lines which I believe uses one of the plugs from the picture after the one showing this plug. just wondering which one I should use.

The picture showing all the plugs are currently on the driver side and I believe one of them is the wheel speed sensor on the driver side and the others should go to the transmission correct? I am just having trouble getting them to go back that far and still plug into the plug under the brake line heat shield. Any advice or inputs on these plugs or better way to route them would be awesome.

Yes the one where you have the speed sensor white connectors circles, they go together and the top left square connector is for you o2 sensor! As for the other ones im not sure on them but I believe the other one is for egr solenoid on driver side back of intake.
where your forefinger/thumb is goes to the oil psi sender on back of block behind intake.
brown one i have no clue right now

Last edited by robsquikz28; 07-01-2010 at 08:44 PM.
Old 07-01-2010, 08:46 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by redtransam95
ever heard of labeling wires so you dont have these brain farts???
tell me about it man, I know I should have taken my time at the beginning and done things right, oh well, my bad.
Old 07-01-2010, 08:47 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by robsquikz28
[

Yes the one where you have the speed sensor white connectors circles, they go together and the top left square connector is for you o2 sensor! As for the other ones im not sure on them but I believe the other one is for egr solenoid on driver side back of intake.
where your forefinger/thumb is goes to the oil psi sender on back of block behind intake.

I already have the o2 sensors plugged in, they are more of a rectangle than a square like the one I have circled in the pic.

I also already have the oil psi sender unit plugged in that is secured to the back of the block behind the intake

trying to figure out which ones go to the 3 connections on the transmission.
Old 07-01-2010, 08:51 PM
TECH Veteran

They will be routed from the passenger side of the frame rails, It will have a bulky circular connector attached with a wire for the Vehicle speed sensor on the tailshaft. So there should be 2 real long connectors laying around.
Old 07-01-2010, 08:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

[

Im pretty sure the brown one plugs in on the passenger side of the trans for your reverse light. If its a M6
Old 07-01-2010, 09:05 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 1toofastlt1
Im pretty sure the brown one plugs in on the passenger side of the trans for your reverse light. If its a M6
the brown one does plug in on the passenger side of the transmission, i have a t56 by the way, the other plugs in that pic (2 white and one black) also plug in the driver side of the trans. the square one I still think is the speed sensor for the driver side.

sounds about right?

I still think those two coolant line ones I showed should be connected, does that sound wrong? I thought the third line going along the fuel lines did not connect to anything? am i missing something there?

thanks
Old 07-01-2010, 09:07 PM
10 Second Club

The one you think is the speed sensor.....could it be for the rear 02 sensor since it's a 96'? I thought i read somewhere that they have the square style plug for the rears.....I could be wrong, it's just an idea
Old 07-01-2010, 09:09 PM
TECH Veteran

Just c0nnect the hose from the radiator directly to your steampipe tube and do not use the coolant plate on the throttle body. Mine as well do a throttle body mod while your at it.
Old 07-01-2010, 09:10 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by deerslayinrednek
The one you think is the speed sensor.....could it be for the rear 02 sensor since it's a 96'? I thought i read somewhere that they have the square style plug for the rears.....I could be wrong, it's just an idea
well I have the 2 o2 sensors plugged in already, not sure about the rear o2 sensor, are there 3? I think I only have 2 at the moment, must have deleted the third if there was one, not sure.

Now I need to find the plug for that white connect under the brake line and figure out those 2 coolant lines really quick, like I said I think they go together though since I did the tb bypass so the two lines that would normally go to the tb should connect which I think those are.
Old 07-01-2010, 09:11 PM
On The Tree

Just c0nnect the hose from the radiator directly to your steampipe tube and do not use the coolant plate on the throttle body. Mine as well do a throttle body mod while your at it.
that is what I did, which is why I am making sure the line from the radiator goes straight to the pipe coming out the rear of the heads which are the two I am holding in my hand in that pic. did the tb mod years ago, first one I ever did I think,
Old 07-01-2010, 09:11 PM
TECH Veteran

http://shbox.com/1/tb_bypass.jpg
'
by doing the bypass you will have no lines going to the throttle body for coolant only the valve cover hose will go to it and the coolant plate will have NONE

Quick Reply: Where does this go?? Help me get this 383 running tonight (will update regularly)