Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New exhaust. I need help. Dynomax VT

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2010, 03:53 PM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default New exhaust. I need help. Dynomax VT

I just pulled my old muffler off of my car. I am going to go with the new Dynomax VT mufflers. I understand that there are a lot of skeptics out there, but I want to try them. So here is the problem. If you put too much power through them at idle, they rattle like a son of a bitch (valve flapping). So I need to run 2 to avoid this; even if it is a single exhaust, not true duals.

Question:
Is it possible to fit 2 mufflers and have them tuck nicely? The muffler dimensions are 14"long, with the shell measuring a hair under 5"x10". Is it possible?

More in depth question:the valves are pressure sensitive, so I would like to feed them close to equal length after I "reverse y-pipe" them. Could I bring the exhaust to the middle, then run another y equally to both of them?

I know it is a tall order, but someone has got to have experience.
Thanks,
John
Old 07-02-2010, 11:10 PM
TECH Addict

I'm curious about them as well, but on a true dual setup.
Old 07-04-2010, 12:34 AM
11 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

idk about these. i think if your on the gas to often i can see that tiny spring breaking or coming off then the mufflers are junk or be noisy as all hell
Old 07-04-2010, 11:43 AM
9 Second Club

I am admittedly concerned about these. According to their literature, they have cycled the mufflers in testing over 2,000,000 times and they do offer a lifetime warranty. I figure they are worth the gamble right now since they are offering $25 rebates (at least through Jxxx.com). So two for $150, I'll risk it.

Quick Reply: New exhaust. I need help. Dynomax VT