Sponsored by:

Rossler transmission 4l60 update modification

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2010, 04:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rossler transmission 4l60 update modification

Hey guys
I talked with a buddy of mine whom also runs the Rossler tranny in all of his F bodys told me today that Carl is now rebuilding his f body trannys without that vac modulator because of some issues that were coming to light .I guess he is suggesting removal of the vac modulator all together and is suppliing a tune now with his trannys in which to control the line pressure instead of relying on that modulator
I was just wondering if any of you have heard about this or have had your trannys modified ? I tryed calling Rosslers alittle bit ago, but Carl was gone for the day !Im just wondering if the tranny needs to be pulled for this update or not?
Old 07-01-2010, 04:36 PM
Launching!

I would like to hear what problems he has had with them.I have been using the modulator for years on f bodys and never had any issues.
Old 07-01-2010, 10:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 72blownvert
I would like to hear what problems he has had with them.I have been using the modulator for years on f bodys and never had any issues.
I had a issue a few years back after installing my new Rossler (stage 3) 4L60transmission. The car was smoking like it had a bad head gasket, but worse .I foung a inch of tranny fluid inside my LS6 intake after pulling the TB.Found out ,the vac modulator was bad and was sucking tranny fluid threw my intake. I took it (flat bedded) ,,,,lol it to Rossler's that week and he fixed it right there on his lift by just pulling the tranny pan and replaceing the modulator.I guess it was just a bad defective diafram inside of the modulator or something to that effect? Anyways, mines been running great ever since with no issues whats so ever. Im thinking or guessing that he must have had a few more come back since mine with maybe the same issue or he may have found that by using the computer to control line pressure on these Turbo /Nitrous cars verses using the modulator ,that the computer does a better job ? Im going to call him tomorrow and ask what the deal is. But like i said mines been also running great at almost 700RWHP thus so far
Ill keep you guys posted on what i find out!
Old 07-05-2010, 06:19 PM
PBA
TECH Resident

Received 75 Likes on 47 Posts

TransGo has had some vacuum modulator problems, but as far as I know they have been solved recently.
Old 07-05-2010, 06:50 PM
TECH Resident

Received 92 Likes on 55 Posts

Care to elaborate?

Quick Reply: Rossler transmission 4l60 update modification