General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

All right I am in need of some electrical help for a '97 Z28

Old 07-05-2010, 12:54 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default All right I am in need of some electrical help for a '97 Z28

All right thank you in advance for all that will look and try to help me. Here is my issue:

So I replaced my DR side pwr window motor today and all was well, enjoyed a nice hour cruise with the t-tops out and windows down. I got home and parked the car in the driveway and went back for a ride a few hours later and my radio had quit working. So I went to a buddies house thinking the fuse for the radio must have blown somehow and on the way there I looked down at my odometer and the display was blank??? I have no idea what the problem is. So I took the radio out and checked voltage at the pigtail and I was getting a weird 2.xx volts at the constant 12v and then I turned the key to AUX and I was getting a similar reading there. Does anyone have a clue what may be causing this? Oh yeah and I went to put my windows up a little bit ago and the pass window decided to stop 11/2" or so from the top so it looks like I will be replacing that soon!

Thanks again!
Old 07-05-2010, 01:42 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hmm, whats the voltage drop between the motor and the battery? perhaps its sucking power dry? Maybe a short to ground there or somewhere along those wires. Also, check the v-drop between the radio and the battery. If there is no significant resistance, then some other load is trying real hard to suck the battery dry. Maybe the motor is bad (working, but bad nevertheless)?
Old 07-05-2010, 11:32 AM
Save the manuals!

Received 322 Likes on 295 Posts

maybe a dying alternator? do you get the same behavior when the engine is running and off?

Search this Thread