LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

my as&m headers have me paranoid

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2010, 10:44 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default my as&m headers have me paranoid

Well i spent 4th of july weekend installing my as&m headers, random tech dual cat ypipe, and a magnaflow catback. The headers werent to bad to install minus the fact that everything is done except for the oil tube. I tryed to reuse the old one but i guess and little bend causes it not to go in i fought with it for hours. I guess i shouldnt have bolted the headers up first is it possible to install the oil tube with the headers bolted in? The thing that has me paranoid is that the as&m headers want to touch everything under the hood. I had to zip tie igntion wires, harnesses, and a cruise control headers away from them they were touching all of those components. How close can these be near the headers nothing is touching now but everything is pretty close. On the driver side frame rail it just barely clears a brake line.
Old 07-05-2010, 11:23 AM
Teching In

I installed the AS&M's on my 97 camaro a few years back. IIRC I left my headers loose on the passenger side to line up the dipstick tube. It slides right in with a little wiggle room (I had to play with this for a while also) The AS&M's are tight but tuck nicely once they're in place. Spark plugs 5 and 6 are a pain in the a**. I heat shielded the plug wires using the stock routing. All the other component stuff cleared fine on my set. Good Luck!
Old 07-05-2010, 06:08 PM
11 Second Club

i heard that they made a early set that burned everything up under the hood i wonder if i got the old set since i got mine used.