Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

random missfire codes

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2004, 03:20 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question random missfire codes

hey guys I am getting misfires in cylinders 7 and 2 and I have changed about everthing i can think of but they aren't going away. I checked the plugs, wires and even the coils and i am still getting a lot of misfires. The truck runs great is the wierd thing. It feels like it may being missing a little when it first starts but after it warms up it idles fine. I don't understand it. Anybody have any ideas?
Old 01-18-2004, 07:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by seadog
hey guys I am getting misfires in cylinders 7 and 2 and I have changed about everthing i can think of but they aren't going away. I checked the plugs, wires and even the coils and i am still getting a lot of misfires. The truck runs great is the wierd thing. It feels like it may being missing a little when it first starts but after it warms up it idles fine. I don't understand it. Anybody have any ideas?
LS1 edit and desensitive them or do like I did and toally get rid of them...unless ur spraying, then just desensitze them...
Old 01-18-2004, 07:57 PM
TECH Regular

I had the same problem, and changed everything just as you have. I found out that my gasket between the intake manifold and heads was torn. I replaced it and the problem was gone. Try that or GM top engine cleaner. Any GM dealership can do it for about $75.00. Ensure that they do the GM top engine clean and nothing else.
Old 01-18-2004, 09:05 PM
Staging Lane

alright i will have to try that. Which of your cylinders were missing when you had to change your gaseket. That sounds logical to me because sometimes i get codes in other cylinders too but just minor ones.
Old 01-19-2004, 10:30 AM
TECH Regular

My missfire was on 1 & 8. There were little ones on other cylinders as well. After doing GM top cleaner and changing intake gasket all was good. Except my idle...... but when you fix something on a LS1, something else seems to go wrong..... Good luck.
Old 01-19-2004, 01:57 PM
FormerVendor

Have you checked you PR lately. When my valve spring went to **** I started getting a whole bunch of misfires on a few cylinders
Old 01-19-2004, 05:46 PM
Staging Lane

i don't know what you mean by pr?
Old 01-19-2004, 05:47 PM
Staging Lane

should i do the top cleaner first or check my intake gasket?