our floating project.

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2010, 05:55 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default our floating project.

so this boats been in my family since like '88. my dad and grandpa bought it like 20 something years ago. we've been on many a fishing trip and such with it. it's been in the boat parade one christmas a looong time ago, it's been to mexico once or twice i believe. anyways, there was a period in the late 90's where it got flooded a few times real bad and the electrical on the boat was trashed, at one point the starboard motor had a seized turbo, the port motor had a couple things wrong with it as well. not to mention the rotten wood and moldy interior. well a couple years ago we decided to start restoring it and little by little we have been knocking things out. it's had a bottom job since then, the interior has been stripped and the wood work been redone. and as it sits there is only bare wood floors, and bare walls. the beds are back in the forward cabins but thats about it. anyways we just got the motors running a few months ago. so i thought i'de post a video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIW4ntHKf98

is you can see only one of the motors fired. thanks to somebody, the bilge mains got left off and the battery switch for the port side got submerged. so yours truely gets to fix it FML but you get the idea(it's got two CAT 3208 turbo diesels.)

anyways i'll be posting pics and vids as progress is made.
Old 07-06-2010, 06:56 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thats a pretty pimp boat to have anchored.. like man good luck with the restore.
Old 07-06-2010, 08:17 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

your telling me. i wanna go offshore so bad

btw just spent the last 2 hrs down in the bilge clearing out all the water. looks like tomorrow i'll be going down to west marine and picking up a new battery switch. and if i'm lucky i'll have both motors up.
Old 07-06-2010, 09:41 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cool gl with it again man and dont forget i love to go offshore fishing!