Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Where to buy a Quarter Panel?

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2010, 07:18 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where to buy a Quarter Panel?

Looking for right rear quarter panel for my 1998 NBM Trans Am. Having a hard time finding where to buy one. Any help out there?
Old 07-10-2010, 07:06 AM
TECH Enthusiast

have you tried a dealer, or even year one?
Old 07-10-2010, 08:54 AM
TECH Enthusiast

i doubt any of the aftermarket companies are making 4th gen 1/4's yet, but you can try year one or classic industries etc... if not your only real options are getting a new one from the dealer which costs a bit more but you get a fresh peice with no dents or scratches in it and you can choose how you want to put it on weather its welding or bonding glue... other option would be to get a used clip section from a junk yard... now your doing twice the work because you have to drill the 1/4 off the clip and then now your only option is to weld on the 1/4 because of all the holes you had to drill. and it also may have damage (dents scratches etc) but hte used section may be significantly cheaper than the new 1/4 so weigh your options.... if it was me id go with a factory OEM peice... hope this helps
Old 07-11-2010, 09:18 AM
On The Tree

whether its new or used, go with oem 1/4. at the shop I work at we have to play around with the aftermarket hoods, fenders, etc to get them to line up right 50% of the time. I couldn't imagine the time getting the lines right on an aftermarket 1/4 that wasn't a exact fit.
Old 07-26-2010, 03:41 PM
On The Tree

I just bought one from a private seller on here. If you want, message me and I'll PM you his username, I got the driver's side, not sure if he has the passenger's side still. I just searched on here for part-outs when I was looking. You get a much better deal on here than at dealerships. If that doesn't work, there's a place in Florida called Trans Am Creations. http://www.tacreationsusa.com/ (Just e-mail them for what you want, their site isn't really up) I almost bought from them before I found the guy on here for the one I bought.