Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Transmission wont let gear out?

Old 07-10-2010, 01:38 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Transmission wont let gear out?

I recently purchased a tick MC and threw it in the car after having a cam installed and the transmission not wanting to grab gears about 5000 RPM or when aggressively short shifted for a gear or two and it fixed a lot of my problems. I think it still needs some fine tuning because it still locks itself out of gear from 3rd to 4th sometimes. But on a long drive cruising with some family and friends and a nice long straight perfect stretch came along my food fell asleep on the throttle with the car in 4th.

When I went to go out of 4th there was a lot of resistance. Clutch pedal had free movement and wasn't showing any signs like with the stock master cylinder, and after pumping it two or three times it was more than willing to let the gear come loose. Just wondering if this is possibly a sign my MC is maybe over extended or not extended enough? Or if there is possibly damage that is starting to show on the transmission. Car is at 110k miles on it, and clutch has maybe 50k miles and shows no real signs of slipping or any other issues.

Any thoughts?

Search this Thread