Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Service Engine Light

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2010, 07:01 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Service Engine Light

I just had my trans rebuilt and a 3200 circle d stall put in the rebuilt trans, the car is outstand but my service engine soon light comes on after 60 miles of driving, the code reads torque converter slipping. I have had the light turned of several times and the car runs great fast and shifts perfect but after 60 miles of driving the light comes back on? How do I tune this code out? I have a 2000 trans am with stock automatic trans.
Old 07-10-2010, 07:50 PM
Launching!

what the code number. I assume you are talking about a torque converter clutch slipping. You dont want to tune that out. sounds like you may have a fluid leak past the torque converter Oring or some kind of internal fluid leak. when the PCM is commanding the converter clutch to lock, its seeing the slip speed too high for being locked so it sets that code.I assume the converter you put in is a lock up converter right??
Old 07-11-2010, 10:51 AM
Staging Lane

Default Converter

Yes it is a lock up converter, 11 inch 3200 circle d converter. Since the rebulld of the trans by a local high performance trans builder, I have broken the pump inside the trans once so he had to replace the pump. I just don't want to be out somewhere and have the trans fail me. I can not remember the code # but it was the wording you said. Any advice would be great.
Old 07-11-2010, 12:08 PM
Launching!

Are you able to feel the converter lock? I would def get it checked soon. If it is actually slipping then it will damage the converter over time and could overheat the trans. Could have broken the solenoid or something while doing the pump or when the pump broke. get it checked though.
Old 07-12-2010, 01:01 PM
Staging Lane

Default Trans

Thanks for your comments on the trans it is going back to the shop Tuesday morning so they can look at it.