LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Good decision

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2010, 12:25 AM
Launching!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Good decision

I have recently been looking into 4th gen camaros and after about a month of looking could not wait any longer a finally purchased one?? i was wanting to get others opinions on my decision. It was between a 96 ss camaro and a 01 z28 camaro. The 01 had 104xxx miles and the guy wanted 6000 for it. It sounded pretty good but maybe as if it had been hammered on and he was trying to get rid of it. I wanted this car because it had the ls1 but i instead opted for the 96 ss. I payed 5700 for it. It was a salvage title but only needs minor work on the front control arm and fender. Did i make the right decision. It is number 390 and came with leather interior the slp loudmouth 6speed, stage 2 suspension, rear spoiler, floor mats and had original window sticker and slp option sheet. i think i made the better decision because it is a rarer car but idk if i over paid for it or not. Also it has all the ss emblems and stickers but by the rear taillight there is no bowtie beside the ss badge?? does this mean its not an ss?? i dont see how it couldnt be though cuz it has all the info?? Did they all have this bowtie and where can i get one if they do can anyone rate my decision and tell me more about this car and how it is compared to high mileage stock ls1 car
Old 07-11-2010, 12:57 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

1. That is alot of money for a 01 they come with less miles then that for the same price if not slightly more.

2. The bowtie symbol belongs there

3. As long as you know it was a salvage title and the car makes you happy that is all that matters. That is an alright price for a SS LT1 as long as its pretty clean even with what you need to repair if they are an outrageous price to fix. More rare then LS1 SS' btw.
Old 07-11-2010, 01:24 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If your happy with the car, that's all that matters. I always notice LS cars depreciate pretty heavy once past the 100k. Not sure if that's when motor starts wearing out, but just something I notice.
Old 07-11-2010, 02:20 PM
Launching!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

alright thanks alot can you tell me anything about the 96 ss and what kind of money they are bringing so i know if i over paid also has anyone ever driven an lt1 ss versus a ls1 z car to tell me if it is so much faster?? cuz i have a buddy that has one that says everyone says lt cars are way less of a car but i mean the 96 ss had 305 hp and the 01 ls1 had 325 hp thats not much of a difference plus the ss would have stepper gearing
Old 07-11-2010, 03:07 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my 96 Ws6 Formula was faster than my 00 LS1 formula with the same mods, and the LS1 was faster than my 97 Formula. On average the LS1s but not always.