Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

5.3 into a 2000 tahoe limited

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2010, 11:11 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 5.3 into a 2000 tahoe limited

I just picked up a '00 tahoe limited over the weekend. Overall a pretty good vehicle. The previous owner began a 5.3 swap from an 07 silverado, but got lost over the wiring. Tomorrow ill post some pics of it. After a bunch of researching here and a couple of other sites ive decided to move forward with the swap instead of reinstalling a 5.7vortec. Ive decided that in the end it will be easier to get to the 400hp range with an ls series motor than with the 5.7 vortec. Ill put some pics up of it tomorrow as it sits with the engine in it. Also seems like im gonna be busy on the phone getting some mounts since he had some welding done to mount the 5.3 in it. Also gonna have to chase down both harnesses and computers since he has them at his mechanics shop. This build might take a couple weeks to get going. But this vehicle needs to run asap as it will be the new dd. So dont hesitate, chime in with advise and keep me motivated. Its looking like were in for the summer heat here in vegas so im looking forward to being done quick. Thanks. Robb
Old 07-12-2010, 10:57 PM
Teching In

Heres some pics of it: I thought i had a pinout file but i didnt. Does anyone have a link so i know what to delete on my harness. It is an 07 engine and trans.
Attached Thumbnails 5.3 into a 2000 tahoe limited-pict0010.jpg   5.3 into a 2000 tahoe limited-pict0002.jpg  
Old 07-13-2010, 03:20 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

http://www.hotrodlane.cc/PDFFILES/Lisa%20Tahoe.pdf
Old 07-13-2010, 08:53 PM
Teching In

Thanks deuce. Thats the one i seen a couple days ago but for the life of me couldnt find it again. On my way to pick up some extra parts the old owner found.
Old 07-13-2010, 11:00 PM
Teching In

I have always loved those limited's. Nice find and post up when you have it up and running!
Old 07-14-2010, 12:43 AM
Teching In

Ive always dug the limiteds too. Just never got one since i used to tow some pretty heavy loads (usually 12k+lbs with my titan and other 4x4 tahoes) But now ive scaled down on trailers thank god. Im looking forward to having a vehicle other than my typhoon that i can put thru some corners.
Old 07-14-2010, 07:03 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

im in the process of swapping a 5.3 into my chevelle,but my daily is a tahoe limited. im wondering if u could convince me too swap my 5.7 for a ls engine. motor rumns perfectly good but a swap wouldnt hurt either.please post all info and pics of what u got.
Old 07-16-2010, 12:51 AM
Teching In

I also started a thread on ls1truck. I plan on doing the harness myself converting to a stand alone setup. I really dont have a spare grand to throw at this at this time for an aftmkt harness when i already have all the connectors, i just need to weed out the ones i dont need. That at this point is holding me up, hopefully not for long as i have spent most of the day online looking at diagrams etc.

Quick Reply: 5.3 into a 2000 tahoe limited