Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

? Upshifting after downshifting problem?

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2004, 06:40 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question ? Upshifting after downshifting problem?

Problem: When truck downshifts from 2nd to 1st it holds first till it bounces of rev limiter 3time then it shifts to 2nd. I notice the problem after installing caltracs & cleaning out my cats but it might have been doing it before.

Specs: 4l60e transmition all stock except for the the following:
- .500" transgo boost valve.
- billet main super servo
- billet overdrive super servo

I use a predator tuner with custom tune for computer tuning. Rev limiter is set to 6000rpms, shift points set to 5400rpm. I thought the problem might be programmer related so I tried adjusting the shift rpms down, adjusting shift pressure up, & adjust shift speed shorter with no luck. I now don't think it is computer related because it does it with the stock tune, hypertech tune, & predator tune. During normal driving it shifts fine and it shifts at 5400 rpms during a wot run. Any comments are welcome.
Old 01-19-2004, 03:28 PM
TECH Junkie

It sounds like you need to adjust the shifts and redline settings on your programmer.
Old 01-19-2004, 03:36 PM
TECH Junkie

It sounds like you need to adjust the shifts and redline settings on your programmer.You are hitting the rev limter on the downshift because the downshift mechaically forces the motor to rev past your 6000rpm limit you can raise the electronic limiter to accomadate the downshifts or lower the speed allowed for the downshift.
Old 01-21-2004, 06:09 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by whitt1
It sounds like you need to adjust the shifts and redline settings on your programmer.You are hitting the rev limter on the downshift because the downshift mechaically forces the motor to rev past your 6000rpm limit you can raise the electronic limiter to accomadate the downshifts or lower the speed allowed for the downshift.
Thanks for the reply whitt1, I will try lowering my mph settings in my predator tuner to see if it works.