General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

LT1 and mopar combustion chamber cleaner COME ON IN, LS1 welcome

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2010, 06:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Talking LT1 and mopar combustion chamber cleaner COME ON IN, LS1 welcome

I was reading and want to use MCCC instead of sea foam, the other guy was doing in thru the pvc hose next to the TB on LS1, I count find that same location on LT1, so im doing thru brake line hose. Who here have lt1 and using mopar combustion chamber cleaner , what location did you put this stuff in ? thanks !
Old 07-12-2010, 07:07 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

im sure many will disagree with me but many people have run into problems with getting stuff stuff like that dispersed between all the cylinders correctly by letting it get sucked in from various vacuum hoses because of the style of intake manifold on either an ls1 or lt1

i would personally just throw a couple cans in a full tank of gas once in a while, it will still do the cleaning, just a little more gradually, which certainly isn't a bad thing. I've had good results doing it this way (meaning the engine did seem to run better)

I know its not the fun way because you avoid the clouds of white smoke but your plugs, cats, and oxygen sensors will thank you in the long run, plus there is less chance of dousing one cylinder and hydro-locking it
Old 07-12-2010, 08:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

I let it suk to brake line hose, and let it sit for 1 hours, turn she on and drive hard on local and highway for 30 min, I dont see any smoke, just a very tiny smoke but barely note it, but seem the car pick up good , but no smoke, i guest mine already clean by preview owner, cause most of the tune up stuff I did to the car, the most of the old stuff is still look good, but I replace anyway.
Old 07-12-2010, 08:09 PM
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by 1994Z28Lt1
i would personally just throw a couple cans in a full tank of gas once in a while, it will still do the cleaning, just a little more gradually, which certainly isn't a bad thing.
Only problem with putting Sea Foam into the gas is: It only cleans the fuel system and it will sort of clean the tops of the pistons, thats it. It will do nothing to clean the top end.

MCCC is an expanding foam, which when you let it go through the vaccum line the proper way, will get into every runner of the intake and heads, and it will sit in there and expand, which will clean every square inch of the top end.

Old 07-12-2010, 08:12 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by killagt
I let it suk to brake line hose, and let it sit for 1 hours, turn she on and drive hard on local and highway for 30 min, I dont see any smoke, just a very tiny smoke but barely note it, but seem the car pick up good , but no smoke, i guest mine already clean by preview owner, cause most of the tune up stuff I did to the car, the most of the old stuff is still look good, but I replace anyway.
1 hour is nowhere near long enough, 2 hours minimum is needed. 4 hours is best.

For an LT1.....best way to do it is to let it get sucked in through the TB blade. Just crack it a tiny bit so the rpm's barely rise. Then spray the entire can in there until it starts to run out...then have someone turn the engine off. Don't let the can run dry or it will all get sucked out of the top end and into the exhaust.

[b]And don't just go out there and start it up and go WOT with it. You MUST drive around for a good 15 minutes and let all that stuff clear out of there before a WOT run. And still, just accelerate up to 60-70 a few times nice and gradual before trying a WOT run....just to be sure the engine is accelerating smoothly. Then go WOT. Detonation can destroy your engine in one hard run.

Old 07-12-2010, 08:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by LS6427
Only problem with putting Sea Foam into the gas is: It only cleans the fuel system and it will sort of clean the tops of the pistons, thats it. It will do nothing to clean the top end.

MCCC is an expanding foam, which when you let it go through the vaccum line the proper way, will get into every runner of the intake and heads, and it will sit in there and expand, which will clean every square inch of the top end.

hey man, you are the one that made me using MCCC over seafoam, thank you !!
Old 07-12-2010, 08:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by LS6427
1 hour is nowhere near long enough, 2 hours minimum is needed. 4 hours is best.

For an LT1.....best way to do it is to let it get sucked in through the TB blade. Just crack it a tiny bit so the rpm's barely rise. Then spray the entire can in there until it starts to run out...then have someone turn the engine off. Don't let the can run dry or it will all get sucked out of the top end and into the exhaust.

[b]And don't just go out there and start it up and go WOT with it. You MUST drive around for a good 15 minutes and let all that stuff clear out of there before a WOT run. And still, just accelerate up to 60-70 a few times nice and gradual before trying a WOT run....just to be sure the engine is accelerating smoothly. Then go WOT. Detonation can destroy your engine in one hard run.

crap I just let it sit for 1 hours, I dont know if i need to do again ?

and by crack the tb blade, you mean seperate the whole air intake first ?
Old 07-12-2010, 10:33 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by killagt
crap I just let it sit for 1 hours, I dont know if i need to do again ?

and by crack the tb blade, you mean seperate the whole air intake first ?
Well, just remove the hose to the TB so you can see the TB blade...........Crack the TB blade a tiny tiny bit just so the MCCC can go into the intake while the engine is idling. BUT remember the important part....do not let the can run out. Shut the engine off BEFORE it runs out.

Quick Reply: LT1 and mopar combustion chamber cleaner COME ON IN, LS1 welcome