Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

B&M pro stick feels...weird when shifting

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2010, 10:07 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default B&M pro stick feels...weird when shifting

Setup is a 468 with a TH400 in a 94 z28.

The transmission is having some issues of its own (addressed in another thread). It's reverse manual valve body.

The shifter just feels like crap when shifting. It feels like it has a hidden gear in between neutral and 1st. It clicks into gear coming out of neutral..but it is still in neutral until you pull down into the next gear.

The car doesn't shift hard AT ALL. The shifter doesn't slam into gear...

I had a couple guys who use the same shifter give it a try..They say it doesn't feel right at all.

Any ideas you guys can provide is appreciated. Thanks guys.

I'm losing my mind because of this car.
Old 07-13-2010, 06:52 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 230 Likes on 162 Posts

a couple things come to mind-one, does the shift cable cross above a muffler, pipe-i have had them melt the inner liner around the cable-once had to warm the car up to get it in gear(remelt the liner so it free'ed the cable up)
second, go over your adjustments-cable in the right holes, bracket in the slot on the trans arm
AT THE SHIFTER where the cable attaches to the shifter body, is the cable clamped outside of the (shifter)frame, or the inside-i forget w/o looking at the instructions, but it has to be just like the instructions, or it will NEVER work correct-actually do this first before the above
all this is based on the trans being correct internally
Old 07-13-2010, 11:34 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the post, man. We'll look at all that today. Easier said than done in a 2 car garage, though. I'll post back our results later.

I appreciate your help.