Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

tough choice need some help/opions

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2010, 06:16 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default tough choice need some help/opions

Well its been almost a year since I sold my vette it wasnt a race rocket or anything but I loved that car although wasnt the exact car I wanted so I traded it for a tahoe which I could never get used to now I have a 06 silverado duramax so I'm selling my other silverado to have so extra spending money. By the end of this year or beginning of next I'll be looking for another vette. My question is do I go ahead and get a c5z with decend miles or wait longer and try to find a c6z or do neither and get a c6 since the prices have came down some and just mod that any advice would be helpful I dont have a problem waiting until I find the right car this time
Old 07-13-2010, 07:41 AM
Launching!

Default ttt

C6Z Then mod it a little to help it.
Old 07-13-2010, 11:55 PM
TECH Regular

yea Im leaning that way there prices are slowely coming down some I seen a few on cars.com for 48k
Old 07-14-2010, 03:50 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You can find a C6Z for 40K. You can find a C5Z for 20K. What could you do with 20K in mods to a C5Z? A **** LOAD!!!!

It would be a hard decision for me... I like both cars... The C6Z is newer. The C5Z has more potential for the same money spent. IMHO, the C5Z looks better until you take a C6Z and slam it on nice wheels. The C6Z will have a better platform to start on, but you could put that entire platform in the C5Z and go faster for less...

Decisions, decisions...
Old 07-14-2010, 01:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

well it all comes down what design you like more. I had a C5Z, great car, and I sold it to hopefully get a C6Z within the next few years. You can pickup a higher mileage 06 C6Z for in the high $30's. If you do buy a vette, wait till winter time. The prices always drop then.
Old 07-14-2010, 01:37 PM
Banned

You live once... if it was a car to KEEP for life and I could only do it once? C6z without hesitation.

I'd rather have a lightly modded (or stock) C6Zo6 compared to a heavily modded C5Zo6 meant to keep up/and beat a C6z.

Always: C6z > C5z
Old 07-14-2010, 05:44 PM
Banned

I've driven both and I just prefer the sportier feeling of the C5Z. Not to mention I have toasted a few C6Z's in mine.
Old 07-14-2010, 06:03 PM
Staging Lane

I just went through this dilema I bought a 01 C5Z06 with a LS7 440CI stroker motor built rear end and transmission and a bunch of other goodies. I bought the car for a reasonable price and it didn't break my piggy bank. I all ready have a ECS Novi 2000 kit I salvaged from my old car, though I am not sure if I am going to use it or not. I have not gotten to try my hand at racing anything yet but I am pretty confident the car is going to more then hold it's own The point being I have plenty of money left over now to start looking for a boat lol
Old 07-17-2010, 11:38 PM
TECH Regular

theres are all great points thank you for the input a few things I've already owned a C5 but not a z but all the same on the inside. I've drove a few c6 while looking for new cars and they seem more cramped on the inside. I like the power/ newness of the c6z over the c5z but for the extra money its hard to justify it. I loved my vette I would have probably kept it if it was a 6 speed instead of an auto. I havent found any c6z in the high 30ks yet even high mileage ones but ill keep looking thanks for the advice
Old 07-18-2010, 01:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by corvetteandsilverado
theres are all great points thank you for the input a few things I've already owned a C5 but not a z but all the same on the inside. I've drove a few c6 while looking for new cars and they seem more cramped on the inside. I like the power/ newness of the c6z over the c5z but for the extra money its hard to justify it. I loved my vette I would have probably kept it if it was a 6 speed instead of an auto. I havent found any c6z in the high 30ks yet even high mileage ones but ill keep looking thanks for the advice
got 6 for under $40k and some with a lot less miles than I thought would come up!!!

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/search...=1279476725951

Quick Reply: tough choice need some help/opions