Notices
Non-Automotive Classifieds Sell almost anything here, with the exception of firearms and ammo

18' Horizon jet boat w/ LS1 - Lake Ready - Reduced again

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2010, 11:36 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 18' Horizon jet boat w/ LS1 - Lake Ready - Reduced again

I really need to get the boat out of the way for the new one, so here's new pricing:

Turn key - $5000 obo
Less heads - $4250 obo
Less engine, but with 6LS, RPM, headers, and motor plates - $2700 obo
Less engine, but with motor plates - $2000 obo

The time has come for me to get a bigger boat...so my old one is up for sale. This is a '71 Horizon 18' hull with a Jacuzzi WJ pump, 2 year old place diverter, 3* of wedge, and an LS1 engine. It also come with the trailer it's pictured with, however the trailer doesn't have a title and I never transferred it into my name. I'm honestly not sure how you'd go about getting it registered; but it is a good trailer. The boat is registered until 2/11. The boat is available for sale in a couple different configurations. The first way would be $7000 with the LS1, second would be with the LS1 but without my GTP heads, third would be $3500 for the boat with the Oldsmobile parts, and fourth would be with no engine at all for $3000. I am pretty firm on the price with the GTP heads included - but all other prices are OBO.

The LS1 is a 33k mile shortblock from a Camaro SS, with Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, MSD 6LS ignition (laptop programmable), freshly rebuilt Demon 850 carb, VHP 047 cam (210*/218* duration), GTP Stg 2 heads done by Craig himself with Ferrara valves, closed cooling system (no lake water goes through the engine, and failure to winterize will not hurt the engine), Doug's headers, and mufflers (this boat is 100% legal for use on Texas lakes). This engine should be making 420-450 hp. The LS1 was put into the boat because I had some problems with the Olds (see below) and prefer the modern engine for parts availability and weight savings. With the LS1 the boat is legal and ready for lake use.

The Olds 468 BB is a 40 hour (give or take) engine. However, when it was put together, the oil pan wasn't put on right and the oil pumps pick up tube was bent, starving the bottom end of the engine for oil. The engine had the high compression pistons, "G" heads, block modification to restrict oil to the top end and to return oil to the bottom end faster (for more info on this, look up Oldmobile high rpm oil issues), water jacketed manifolds, and an Offenhauser single quad tunnel ram intake. The damage is restricted right now to just needing the crank turned and new bearings, but I can't guarantee that. If you opt for the Olds over the LS1, it will also come with an MSD 6M ignition, MSD Pro Billet distributor, and all the other Olds parts I have.

Here's the bad:
1) The boat has a bow (front) fuel tank, and with the weight savings of the LS1 it rides nose down with anything more than 15 gallons of fuel. I would recommend relocating fuel to the rear of the boat.
2) The boat does have a back seat, but with the cooling system of the LS1 it won't fit right now...if you wanted back seats you'd have to figure something else out for that.
3) The boat has a few paint chips, one on the very front of the bow, and one on the side by the TX numbers where it got against a floating dock that was slightly too tall for the boat.
4) The gauges are not wired up.
5) Trailer has no title.

The first two pictures are the boat with the LS1, and the pictures of it in the water are with the Oldsmobile.

If you have any questions feel free to PM or call me at 320-248-7167. It is a Minnesota number, but I am local in Mathis, TX.
Attached Thumbnails 18' Horizon jet boat w/ LS1 - Lake Ready - Reduced again-dsc03577.jpg   18' Horizon jet boat w/ LS1 - Lake Ready - Reduced again-dsc03574.jpg   18' Horizon jet boat w/ LS1 - Lake Ready - Reduced again-img_0226.jpg   18' Horizon jet boat w/ LS1 - Lake Ready - Reduced again-img_2222.jpg  

Last edited by FormulaZR; 07-14-2010 at 09:09 AM. Reason: Price Reduction
Old 07-13-2010, 05:39 PM
11 Second Club

Price reduced!
Old 07-14-2010, 09:10 AM
11 Second Club

Reduced again...make an offer!
Old 08-01-2010, 08:13 PM
11 Second Club

Just found out I'm getting transferred to Ohio in 2 weeks. I don't have the resources to transport or store two boats...so honestly, NO REASONABLE OFFER REFUSED on this boat.

Also, regarding the trailer, I found out from the local office that for a trailer of this one's weight there is no title required, only a bill of sale.
Old 08-03-2010, 03:18 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wish i would have seen this before i bought my boat. GLWS
Old 08-03-2010, 03:52 PM
On The Tree

Have a friend who made be interested. Other than what is mentioned it is ready to go?
Old 08-03-2010, 04:20 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by RUTAN TA
I wish i would have seen this before i bought my boat. GLWS
Story of my life...either a day late or a dollar short...

Originally Posted by 1972_Z-28
Have a friend who made be interested. Other than what is mentioned it is ready to go?
Yes, since the swap was completed the boat has been run about 15 hours. Some fine tuning of the carb might be beneficial...but it will run well without it.

This also comes with the data cable and all pills for the MSD 6LS; it is the fully laptop programmable one that can also use the included pills, not the previous model that only used pills.
Old 08-04-2010, 09:28 PM
11 Second Club

Make an offer.

If it doesn't sell pretty quick the engine will go in my new boat.

Quick Reply: 18' Horizon jet boat w/ LS1 - Lake Ready - Reduced again