Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

PITA T56 somebody help me please

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2010, 08:59 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PITA T56 somebody help me please

Ok so im wokring on a t56 swap into my 89 camaro, just built a new motor for it and figured id better ditch the T5 for fear of grenading it. I dropped the $ for a T56 and come to find out its an LS style.. but the GenI block needs an LT correct? If im wrong, awesome, ive got an lt1 bellhousing, a new lt1 centerforce flywheel and clutch etc, the only mis matched piece is the biggest one >_< now is the Ls style a longer input shaft? Thats what im understandign but id like some help with this so i dont screw myself over, if i can id like to trade for an LT style and sidestep the crap, but if not would i be able to swap the input shaft from an LT into the Ls trans and get away with it??

TIA my dream setup is getting a big F U from this and im not liking it lol
Old 07-13-2010, 09:25 PM
Teching In

I've got a LT-1 T-56 with low miles on the rebuild, I would be willing to trade if you are interested.
Old 07-13-2010, 09:53 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We should have a good used LT1 front plate and input shaft lying around the shop somewhere. I would trade them for your Ls1 plate and shaft if you want to do a little work. They will interchange...but finding someone willing to trade the entire tranny might be the way to go.
Old 07-14-2010, 12:17 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by jeremysz
I've got a LT-1 T-56 with low miles on the rebuild, I would be willing to trade if you are interested.
i would love to do that but shipping would be insane for that lol im fighting with the VA right now because i was just discharged from the Army on a medboard, so moneys tight and im trying to do all this on a bad ankle with no cartilidge lol AND juggle a newborn too woo! Unless its free shipping day i dont know how thatd work

I wouldnt mind pullin apart the trans to trade you Johnathan, ive put together a ton of T5's back when i was in school a few years ago, is the T56 much different? Oh and i just realized ive got one of your master cylinders being shipped with the trans lol small world