Sponsored by:

HP Guess? AFR heads

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2010, 12:26 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HP Guess? AFR heads

Hey guys,

What heads do you think I should go with? I am pretty set on AFR's. They seem to make good power and are going to be less than the Trickflow's when it is all done. 225 or 205's? I like the idea of going with the 225's, since I am mainly concerned with top end and trap speed and might go with a 427 shortblock in the spring. My cam is a mid 230 intake/mid 240 exhaust on a 113 with lift a little over .600. Here is the dyno on my car. Do you think I can get to 470rwhp with the stock ls6 intake? Thanks

Mark

Old 07-14-2010, 04:38 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I would suggest you contact Tony Mamo. The motor change to me would mean wait on the heads as it would be hard to optimize a head choice based on 346 motor then re-use the same heads on a 427.
Old 07-14-2010, 02:10 PM
Flow Wizard

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by winters97gt
Hey guys,

What heads do you think I should go with? I am pretty set on AFR's. They seem to make good power and are going to be less than the Trickflow's when it is all done. 225 or 205's? I like the idea of going with the 225's, since I am mainly concerned with top end and trap speed and might go with a 427 shortblock in the spring. My cam is a mid 230 intake/mid 240 exhaust on a 113 with lift a little over .600. Here is the dyno on my car. Do you think I can get to 470rwhp with the stock ls6 intake? Thanks

Mark
Ditch the LS6....its going to choke the heads and you dont have a prayer with it on the big motor.

Save your money and let me help you with a ported FAST for possibly both projects depending on the timing. Without updating the intake your not going to tap into the serious airflow your paying for with the head upgrade.

Combination is KING.....you can get four things right and miss the fifth and that mistake will potentially take a bite out of the gains the other four "right" moves could have given you. Think of an engine as a complete system.....you have to modify it accordingly.

I always advocate that its better to save longer and do it right.....ultimately you will save money (not doing things twice), be happier with the performance, and have no regrets.

-Tony