Need gasket parts in Houston

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2010, 10:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need gasket parts in Houston

Anyone know of a good place to get some Cometic 4.030 bore MLS head gaskets in Houston or close by?

Will probably just get valley cover, oil pan, front/rear cover, water pump, and front/rear main from local parts shop.....unless you guys have a reason not to.
Old 07-14-2010, 11:07 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If you can't find them locally we have all of those gaskets including the Cometics in stock and can ship the same day you order!

Largest Stocking Distributor of LS-x Engines / CHECK OUT OUR NEW WEBSITE!

COMP - FAST - PACESETTER - DIAMOND RACING - EAGLE SPECIALTY PRODUCTS - CALLIES - COMETIC GASKETS
RAM CLUTCHES - MOSER ENGINEERING - KOOK'S HEADERS - ARP - GM BOLTS AND GASKETS - MSD - NGK
POWERBOND - ASP - AND MORE!
Old 07-14-2010, 11:35 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Matt@Texas-Speed
If you can't find them locally we have all of those gaskets including the Cometics in stock and can ship the same day you order!
+1 I was just going to suggest them !!
Old 07-14-2010, 01:16 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 1SLwLS1
Anyone know of a good place to get some Cometic 4.030 bore MLS head gaskets in Houston or close by?

Will probably just get valley cover, oil pan, front/rear cover, water pump, and front/rear main from local parts shop.....unless you guys have a reason not to.
Wait on buying gaskets. Your gaskets are more than likly still fine, if the rubber is detached from the metal the replace them. If not just clean them up with soap/water and reuse them. I would buy a new rear main seal while you have it tore down, the others I would replace as needed...
Old 07-14-2010, 02:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Matt@Texas-Speed
Definitely, just trying to avoid the wait and shipping, depending on how things go for the tear down. If I were to order them tomorrow morning, would you guys be able to ship them tomorrow? Or if I ordered this afternoon, would ya'll be able to ship them today?

Originally Posted by Bad Chad
Wait on buying gaskets. Your gaskets are more than likly still fine, if the rubber is detached from the metal the replace them. If not just clean them up with soap/water and reuse them. I would buy a new rear main seal while you have it tore down, the others I would replace as needed...
I only plan on buying the misc gaskets as needed, but the head gaskets will definitely need changing, different bore.
Old 07-14-2010, 02:18 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

If you ordered pretty quickly this afternoon they could likely still leave today...but you'd wanna call pretty soon!

COMP - FAST - PACESETTER - DIAMOND RACING - EAGLE SPECIALTY PRODUCTS - CALLIES - COMETIC GASKETS
RAM CLUTCHES - MOSER ENGINEERING - KOOK'S HEADERS - ARP - GM BOLTS AND GASKETS - MSD - NGK
Old 07-14-2010, 02:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

ringing, lol
Old 07-14-2010, 02:29 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 1SLwLS1
Definitely, just trying to avoid the wait and shipping, depending on how things go for the tear down. If I were to order them tomorrow morning, would you guys be able to ship them tomorrow? Or if I ordered this afternoon, would ya'll be able to ship them today?

I only plan on buying the misc gaskets as needed, but the head gaskets will definitely need changing, different bore.
Texas Speed has very fast shipping.

No doubt head gaskets are a must, even if you were to stay the same bore. Too much work involved to try to save $100.00
Old 07-14-2010, 02:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Bad Chad
Texas Speed has very fast shipping.

No doubt head gaskets are a must, even if you were to stay the same bore. Too much work involved to try to save $100.00
Werd, just placed the order. Hopefully Friday they'll show up so I can get most of the top end done this weekend.
Old 07-14-2010, 02:40 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Already pulled your stuff and they're boxing it as we speak. Will leave today and have you tracking info late in the afternoon! Thanks!

Old 07-14-2010, 02:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks Matt, awesome service for sure, like usual!