Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cam Pro Reports

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2010, 12:11 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Cam Pro Reports

I was wondering how many guys here get a cam pro report with their cam when they purchase it? From what I have read here on this forum, when Comp grinds to a specification it will not be to the exact specs, but it will be close. So you spend the time to calculate all the numbers when in the end you get back something that is close, usually it will come in larger than ordered. On top of that you hope the cam was ground consistant across all the lobes.

The question I have is what can you do with this information? I see guys here posting up cam specs and I wonder if they are really what they have?
Old 07-14-2010, 12:56 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Yeah, I have a 222/234 cam that with the Cam Pro Plus report came out to 223.68/235.5,.
I'm not sure what Comp Cams specs are for + accuracy on their cam grinds are, but it would be nice to know, along with whose grinds are the most accurate. Unluckily there's a lot of info I don't understand also.
Old 07-14-2010, 01:31 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^ within 1 degree is pretty close but i have seen some up to +2.

I see guys debating over different cams that will be within 2 degrees of duration and I wonder if it really matters because in the end you will not get a cam to the exact specs you think you are.

Has anyone put a shelf cam on a cam pro? It would be interesting to see how close several are from one another.
Old 07-14-2010, 04:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I would be more concerned that the LSA and ground in advance is accurate personally. Yeah they always spec out a little bigger don't they....

I have an EPS cam on the way and Geoff is gonna cam pro it so I know whether it will need to be degreed or is close enough to just install straight up.....

I will post up when I get the report.....