Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

About to replace oil pump

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2010, 04:51 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default About to replace oil pump

I thinking about tackling the oil pump next weekend , just wondering if any one on here has done this using the ls1how-to method http://www.ls1howto.com/index.php?article=4. Ive read over this write-up a hundred times and feel pretty confident about it, is there anything i should watch out for , it seems pretty easy just don't wont to make any mistakes i could have avoided. Also why I'm there i think it would be stupid not to go ahead and replace timing chain being that the the slp pump and double roller chain is only $300. Any tips on the chain? Removing it would be no problem I'm just a little worried about putting the new chain on it not being aligned properly, is there alot of risk in that or is it pretty simple?
Old 07-15-2010, 06:05 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Its a pretty simple task to do the chain, I really dont know how people mess it up lol. yank is selling new timing sets with ls2 chains for 68 shipped in the for sale section. Its not double roller but still a nice upgrade and will save you money if you dont really need a double set up.

Im all about savings so I got a melling pump for a little over 100 and the timing set from yank all in all have less than 200 into it.