Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How to unplug truck style fuel injector???

Old 07-17-2010, 11:22 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default How to unplug truck style fuel injector???

OK guys and gals, I'm having one of those days. I'm removing the intake manifold from a 2005 Suburban (LQ4) and have never dealt with the style of plug that connects to the fuel injectors. I've pulled up on the top part of the plug and swung it out of the way, and then there's a tab on the right side (when looking from the top) that appears that you squeeze it to pull the plug off. But I can't get them to budge and don't want to break anything.

Anybody who can give me a clue is a friend of mine! Thanks,
Old 07-17-2010, 04:00 PM
Staging Lane

I had to yank them off a lq9 and yes they were very difficult to remove. after pressing the tab they pulled up a little and then i had to muscle them off with a side to side motion. Not sure if thats the right way but i did get them all apart without damage.
Old 07-17-2010, 04:13 PM
Formerly 99-2door-08/30/2010

After you take off the retaining clip, press the tab in and push the whole plug toward the injector. That will loosen it, then it pulls right off.
Old 07-17-2010, 06:07 PM
On The Tree

Thanks for the hints everyone. I got them; turns out that top part (retaining clip) gets yanked all the way out, then the tab gets squeezed to remove. It's easier to reinstall if the retaining clip is slid back in completely first.

Yeesh!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: How to unplug truck style fuel injector???