Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone use Green FIlters ??

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2010, 09:42 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Smile Anyone use Green FIlters ??

WOuld love to hear your personal opinion and experience with them. ANy facts or cool links would be good too.

For my 02 ss. It had a filthy k&n in it when I got it and nearly failed an emissions test because of it. The fit was total crap and god knows how much dirt got inside the motor.

I put in a Delco filter in it for now but want a Green since it appears on paper to be better filtering than a K&N.

Old 07-17-2010, 10:43 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Green filters are nice and I recommend them, but they will get just as filthy as your K&N if you don't remove and clean them periodically.

I've had mine since 2005 and it's done very well as shown by oil lab analysis. Bad filters show up as high silicate (dirt) when the oil is analyzed. Green has kept mine in the low single-digits.
Old 07-17-2010, 11:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

I've never even heard of this filter. Is it a cotton filter like the K&N?
Old 07-18-2010, 01:07 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Arc00TA
I've never even heard of this filter. Is it a cotton filter like the K&N?
Cotton gauze similar to K&N, but less rubber/neoprene covering the flow area and the oil isn't as greasy.
Old 07-19-2010, 02:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Nastyc4
WOuld love to hear your personal opinion and experience with them. ANy facts or cool links would be good too.

For my 02 ss. It had a filthy k&n in it when I got it and nearly failed an emissions test because of it. The fit was total crap and god knows how much dirt got inside the motor.

I put in a Delco filter in it for now but want a Green since it appears on paper to be better filtering than a K&N.

Why didn't you just clean & re-oil the K&N??????
Old 07-23-2010, 12:29 PM
TECH Resident

I probably would have but I just dont like the fit in the blackwing lid either. I dont have the rubber foam gaskets to add or anything and the filter lid clips are extremely loose. God knows how much dirt got past the outside edges of the filter because of the loose fit.

I just know the green is supposedly better as is the amsoil.