Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

New Monster stage 3/tick mc

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2010, 12:02 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default New Monster stage 3/tick mc

I would like to personally thank monster clutches for coming through. We had a mix up with shipping, and Steve (?) at monster over nighted the clutch and it was installed with a mcloud bellhousing/tick mc. 2tightwads racing performed the install and had everything adjusted before 12 am saturday morning. Afterwards, Al (owner tightwads) and I started the break in miles at 1 a.m. Saturday morning. We returned at around 430 am with 150 stop/go miles. The clutch performed great. Pedal feels great and very limited chatter. It did chatter some, but I adjusted my driving habits (less slipping) it performed flawlessly.

Back to the weekend. Woke up Saturday morning by 8 am to get some exhaust work done. After a quick wash, I was off to a cruise to Buda with the San Antonio F-body club. The car continued to perform flawlessly and now has well over 300 miles in 2 days. 180 in stop and go traffic.

The car will be continued to be broke in through the week for a track outing friday night.

Specifics on the car:
02 SS
Dana 60 4.10 35 spline tru crap
Midwest chassis dbl adjustable rear components (LCA, PB, TA)
UMI Drag bar (not installed yet)
Monster stage 3
Tick MC
MS3 113 lsa
Pacesetter headers
Trunion upgrade/springs/ls6 oil pump/etc.
Strange dbl adjustable shocks in rear
10 series flows true duals
mgw shifter

Below are some pictures from the day a bought it to now. Not much has changed. At the track, she will be sporting some et streets on the stock 16x8 z28 wheels.

Again, a big thanks to Monster Clutches and 2tightwads racing.
Attached Thumbnails New Monster stage 3/tick mc-dsc01907.jpg   New Monster stage 3/tick mc-dsc01971.jpg   New Monster stage 3/tick mc-dsc01926.jpg   New Monster stage 3/tick mc-dsc01997.jpg