Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

shim or adjustable master?

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2010, 11:19 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default shim or adjustable master?

Just did a 6 speed swap, freshly rebuilt transmission, Zoom stock replacement LS6 clutch, resurfaced stock flywheel. I have VERY low clutch engagement. I have to really pin the clutch to get it to disengage. I notice shifting into 4th I can feel that it's very close to grinding, and reverse is hard to get into (of course reverse lockout isn't wired yet which doesn't help).

Sooo can I use an adjustable master and try to get a little more travel out of it? Or is the slave fully extended when the stock master is compressed?

My second choice would be using a shim, which I probably should have done since I resurfaced the flywheel, but is there any way to pick out a shim before I pull the whole thing apart? I don't want to pull it, measure it, and then wait a week for one to come in the mail
Old 07-20-2010, 01:59 AM
Staging Lane

Speed Inc sells the shim you need, i didnt bother with measuring but with a SPEC clutch there pretty much required. Call Speed Inc and see what they say
Old 07-20-2010, 11:21 PM
TECH Addict

I might call and ask them about it, they don't list a thickness on the site so it seems like a gamble