Vehicles Wanted Looking for a specific vehicle? Post a WANTED thread here. DO NOT post them anywhere else!

WTT: Camaro for CTS-V

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2010, 07:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default WTT: Camaro for CTS-V

I'm in a position where it would benefit me to have a extra couple of doors, so I'm throwing this out there to see what I can get. I would like a pretty much stock V (headers and catback is fine...just no cam or anything crazy). Well maintained is always good...and preferably not beaten on. Dents, dings, and scratches are fine. Interior needs to be in really good shape. Needs to be under 100k miles.

Now, here is what I have:

99 NBM Z28. Pretty much stock with boltons. A4***(see note at the bottom), leather seats, alpine head unit, and t-tops, 91k miles. Very well maintained and runs great...just looking for something with a little more room. List of mods are as follows:
Body/exterior
SS wing
Glasstek cowl hood
New headlight assemblies w/whistler mod
Chrome ZR1s with new Nitto tires

Engine/performance (everything listed below was done within that past two years/5k miles, with most being done last summer)

Lid w/ k&n filter
Pacesetter long tubes
Borla adjustable catback
LS6 intake
Rev Xtreme catch can
New valve seals with new LS6 valve springs
New plugs and wires installed at same time as valve seals and springs
Custom tune
Had 3:42 gears installed
C5 front brake conversion: TRUE Bishop brackets (aluminum style), new C5 calipers, new C5 rotors, Carbotech Bobcat 1521 pads, Goodridge stainles hoses
Strano lowering springs
KYB AGX adjustable front struts w/new strut mounts
Koni rear adjustable shocks

***even though the A4 shifts great (especially with the tune), I had planned on swapping to a M6. The swap includes:

Zero mile, fresh, Tickshift built T56 with bellhousing---has every upgrade except viper shafts. Supposed to be good to 700hp
B&M ripper shifter (new)
GM slave cylinder (new)
GM master cylinder (new)
LS6 flywheel (new)
Centerforce dual friction clutch (new)
ARP hardware
GM pilot bearing (new)
Pedal assembly
trans crossmember
and a couple pigtails for the wiring

I bought the trans used, then paid Tick to build it. I had it done last year, and never got around to doing th swap.

I also have a custom Comp cam (used), comp push rods (used), and a brand new set of Comp 918 springs that I never got around to installing either.

I would like to let everything go (car, m6 swap, and cam swap) as a package toward a CTS-V. That way maybe a straight trade could be done, or a trade with very little money on my end.

If anyone is interested, pm me and we can exchange email and pics. I'm not looking to sell outright...unless someone wants to give me a ridiculous amount of money (it's my daily driver...only driver actually).
Old 07-29-2010, 11:54 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

send some pic?