General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Turn signals on solid

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2010, 11:52 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turn signals on solid

Ive read a few posts about this but nothing that fits my situation exactly. Upon taking my car out of the garage from the winter a few months ago I noticed the turn signals don't work. I just swapped every bulb to LED's but the turn signals do not work in front or back. When I try to get the left ones blinking the green arrow on my cluster lights up solid...same goes for turning right. Is this just a relay or is there something else going on. Everything worked great when it went into the garage. Im meter proficient but I just wanted to see if someone has a quick fix or knows of know issues before I tear into wiring ect. THANKS!
Old 07-23-2010, 12:08 PM
On The Tree

I think you need a different relay. Not sure what one ya need. I don't have l.e.d. lights. My dad put them in his silverado and now they blink really fast and he said that the place he got them from told him he might need a different relay do to the way they might blink.

Hope this helps a little.
Old 07-24-2010, 08:52 AM
Save the manuals!

Received 322 Likes on 295 Posts

the original issue was a bad flasher. However your LED bulbs will now require an electronic flasher. (not a stock one)
Old 07-24-2010, 11:58 AM
TECH Apprentice

man I didnt even think that would matter...they should just draw less current than bulbs but I will have to jump in the schematic to figure out why. I may be able to rig in a few resistors to simulate load if thats the case. If anyone knows of a product that could work Im all ears

EDIT:: Just looked at the schematic and it makes much more sense now. The flasher is thermal so it needs more current to opperate. A digital flasher like these will do the trick for others who have the same problem : http://www.ledlight.com/electronic-l...sher-ep29.aspx

Last edited by BOA279; 07-24-2010 at 12:24 PM.