Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help with header collector clamps for Pacesetter LT's

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2010, 05:27 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Need help with header collector clamps for Pacesetter LT's

Alright, I'm going to try to describe this the best I can as I'm not at home and can't take pictures right now so bear with me lol...

I installed a set of Pacesetter LT's last weekend. I have a set of TSP duals/Sweet Thunders sitting at home in my garage. I had to have the pipes that come directly off of the collectors bumped slightly as they would go about an 1/8 of an inch on and then stop. Now they slide on fine but my next issue is that the 02 bung on the header sits back 2 1/2" from the end of the collector and the pipes when you slide them on slide all the way back and touch the 02 bung. I figured 2 1/2" of insertion would be a pretty good number but the clamps that they provide are the lapped joint band clamps so they need a little bit of space on both sides of the joint, problem is, the 02 bung is in the way, and if I slide the pipe towards the rear of the car, away from the header to give myself room to install the clamp, I now only have about 1" of insertion, which seems like far too little.

I called TSP and they instructed me to trim the band clamp to contour around the 02 sensor bung and slide it in to about 1 1/2 " or so and that would be enough penetration.

Is this what you guys have done, or is there a better way? I'm really not a fan of the shitty U-bolt style clamps...

Thx for the help!