Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

car bogging?

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2010, 02:19 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default car bogging?

on to another obstacle on the road of a high performance vehicle. i replaced the rack and pinion in my z28 2 weeks ago put everything back together and it was all good. untill one night i come home and my return line from the top of the rack to the power stering pump was leaking. so i took it off to see where it was leaking. well.....my line coming out of the rack before it becomes rubber had touched the bottom of the wire coming out of the alternator running to the battery, it gashed a nice size hole in it. no problem, i filled the hole in with silver than wire brushed it to make it look nice, this time i fixed the rubber piece protecting the wire from the alternator put everything back on and started the car, everything was going good until i took the car around the block i drove it didnt accelerate hard or anything crazy. all of a sudden the car just bogs on me, now when i accelrate it just bogs. im thinking that when the return line busted it sprayed power stering fluid on a sensor or even the electricity from the metal to the wire and blew a few fuses. if anyone has any insight to what might be the problem please help, it would be greatly appreciated.